+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South East QLD
    Posts
    4,034
    Thanks
    3,349
    Thanked
    1,623
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It doesn't matter if you break a lease. What matters is how you handled it. Sounds like you guys did everything by the book, so no need to worry.

    Property managers don't instantly look at an applicant and go 'previously broken a lease, into the no pile for you'. The great thing is that your former pm said they'll give you a positive reference.

    Include your last property. You've proven you're a good tenant who takes care of their responsibilities.

    *I'm a former pm in QLD, so that's why my opinion is way over on the tell them side

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

    Beta  (18-11-2013)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked
    131
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    It doesn't matter if you break a lease. What matters is how you handled it. Sounds like you guys did everything by the book, so no need to worry.

    Property managers don't instantly look at an applicant and go 'previously broken a lease, into the no pile for you'. The great thing is that your former pm said they'll give you a positive reference.

    Include your last property. You've proven you're a good tenant who takes care of their responsibilities.

    *I'm a former pm in QLD, so that's why my opinion is way over on the tell them side

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks for that, I hope all pm are like you! We are putting the application in before the inspection because we viewed the property another time it was available so I'm hoping we don't have any competition anyway. So hoping we get it, would be so perfect for LO. Does upfront rent help? I know the owner of this property went for it in the past with other tenants..

  4. #13
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    587
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked
    503
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Thanks for that, I hope all pm are like you! We are putting the application in before the inspection because we viewed the property another time it was available so I'm hoping we don't have any competition anyway. So hoping we get it, would be so perfect for LO. Does upfront rent help? I know the owner of this property went for it in the past with other tenants..
    Try putting in a cover letter, explaining what sort of work you do, that you always pay on time, like to garden and keep the property looking great, and a little explanation regarding why you left the last property, they'll get to know you a bit more than just reading boring details off your application, just staple it to your application

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South East QLD
    Posts
    4,034
    Thanks
    3,349
    Thanked
    1,623
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Thanks for that, I hope all pm are like you! We are putting the application in before the inspection because we viewed the property another time it was available so I'm hoping we don't have any competition anyway. So hoping we get it, would be so perfect for LO. Does upfront rent help? I know the owner of this property went for it in the past with other tenants..
    Yeah, I'm pretty awesome

    Upfront rent can and does help out applications. But you're not obliged to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    Try putting in a cover letter, explaining what sort of work you do, that you always pay on time, like to garden and keep the property looking great, and a little explanation regarding why you left the last property, they'll get to know you a bit more than just reading boring details off your application, just staple it to your application
    One if my favourite tenants did a cover letter, with photos of their house and also pets (plus positive letters about them from former neighbours and pm). It was nice to be able to get to know more about them

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked
    131
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well something worked, cover letter with photo, 3 months upfront and sizable savings snapshot from online banking seems to have done the trick! Most speedy successful application yet!
    Thanks all, somewhere for our LO to have first Xmas and birthday in one month.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane QLD
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    76
    Reviews
    0
    Yay! Best wishes and hope you guys love the new place


    Age 20, engaged, mummy to 3yo DS and TTC his sibling! Living life backwards

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lalasmooch For This Useful Post:

    Beta  (18-11-2013)

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South East QLD
    Posts
    4,034
    Thanks
    3,349
    Thanked
    1,623
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's great

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

    Beta  (18-11-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Real Estate Help!
    By singlemumma82 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-11-2013, 17:33
  2. Anyone in real estate know
    By Sairz in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 19:33
  3. Looking for real estate (rental) advice.
    By happy wanderer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 19-08-2013, 12:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Baby Monitors
Looking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby Nursery Shop
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!