+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need some help on pregnancy tests

Hi everyone, just need some advice on pregnancy tests I have taken this week. I first bought Crystal Clear Test which contained 2 tests and with the first one I didn't use morning urine. The next morning I tested with the second stick and in a 3 -5 min time mar it only showed up one line...I didn't think much of it so I threw it in the bin. 3 hours later I decided to check it or what reason I don't know and I saw a second line but it was faint blue. So then that afternoon I went to purchase First Response hpt and the first was negative as I used this in the afternoon, then did another one in the morning and that was negative and the third one did 3 hours later as I didn't go to the toilet since and had no fluids and that showed negative. I don't know what to make of this as I have been off birth control pill for 4 weeks and my nipples feel slightly sore, I have not had a period since off my birth control, I feel constipated and nauseous often. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With all those negative tests I would take it that you aren't pregnant. 3hrs past test time is too long and I would not take a faint line as a positive. If you think you are pregnant head to the Dr for a blood test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    With all those negative tests I would take it that you aren't pregnant. 3hrs past test time is too long and I would not take a faint line as a positive. If you think you are pregnant head to the Dr for a blood test.
    I agree with this.

Me + He =
    DD1, DD2, DD3 & bun in the oven due May 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to you both for your replies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Crystal Clear (and other blue dye tests) are DREADFUL for false positives, never use them again and stick to FRER, they really are the best.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, it is impossible to have a false positive unless you are on hcg hormone support for IVF etc. hpts measure the level of the hormone hCg. If you are nit pregnant your body does not produce this hormone, so it can't be measured.

3 hours after a test you would have seen an evaporation line.

How long after your AF was due are you? If you are having symptoms, your hCg level may not be high enough yet to be detected by the urine tests. Some ladies do not get positive hpts until after AF is due, and sometimes for a while after that.

Always use fmu.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps - I like first response, but ever had luck with the frer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    Firstly, it is impossible to have a false positive unless you are on hcg hormone support for IVF etc. hpts measure the level of the hormone hCg. If you are nit pregnant your body does not produce this hormone, so it can't be measured.

3 hours after a test you would have seen an evaporation line.

How long after your AF was due are you? If you are having symptoms, your hCg level may not be high enough yet to be detected by the urine tests. Some ladies do not get positive hpts until after AF is due, and sometimes for a while after that.

Always use fmu.

Good luck.

I have had a false pos on an internet cheapy. Came up pos straight away, 2 other tests on same sample all neg, I was not UTD- some tests are just faulty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Don't buy crystal clear, I got a bright blue second line on one. I then did a FRER an hour later, thinking I was finally pg. Stark white BFN. It was a false positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    Generally it's true but not always. I will show my crystal clear, which came up straight away..... and this pic wasn't a good one, it was much more bright blue IRL

test2.jpg
    Last edited by delirium; 17-11-2013 at 13:57.