+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quite funny, it seems the (very generalised) female response is - No! that would be a invasion of human rights ect, but hearing what the guys have said, it seems they are pretty keen on the idea, continuing their line yada.... "You know I'm so fertile I can father kids when I'm dead" kinda stuff. Personally nup, doesn't sit right with me, but I have 3 kids, not keen for any more!!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only way that we can create a family is for my husband to have testicular sperm retrieval, this procedure is incredibly common in IVF treatment. So the procedure itself is not strange to us. I think my DH would be pleased to think that he would live on through a child conceived after he had died. In fact I just asked him & he didn't even blink an eye; said 'go for it!' Personally I would be grief stricken & don't know if I could properly think through all the issues. But I don't think it's morally wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If this is from 60 mins then yep, I would do it in their circumstances.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just watched the segment on 60 minutes.
    Im two minds and struggle to find my own opinion.

The woman whose husband had cancer and was dying so they froze his semen in advance makes sense to me - they discussed it and planned for it.
    But on the other hand the woman who got a court order to extract it from her fiancee who died unexpectedly - I can't wrap my head around that.

As someone who has gone through ivf to conceive - what comes to mind is the part on our consent form that asks what to be done with the frozen embryos in the event of one of our deaths.

I think maybe that if its something that you want to do then it should be in writing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH and I have discussed this at length.

We both permit the other to utilise what is necessary to have another child.

When we first started discussing it we didn't have any children. We now have one child.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been thinking about this, I haven't answered the OP and I don't quite know how.

In our circumstances I think I might, but our situation is very different and we already have kids.

DP is the last male (of childbearing age) to have his surname in Aus, not just that we discovered on a recent trip to Italy that of the other three boys of direct ascension from DP's grandfather, two don't ever want kids (and are in their 40s, married etc), that leaves one and he is in his late 30's and doesn't look to be settling down anytime soon. The baby on board now is 99% another grip, and we will likely have one more child. In our circumstances, as long as I get his prior approval I may do it, but possibly send it to microsort.

I can't answer about the scenario of the childless woman as we already have kids, so I don't know how I feel.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJones&Me View Post
    I've been thinking about this, I haven't answered the OP and I don't quite know how.

In our circumstances I think I might, but our situation is very different and we already have kids.

DP is the last male (of childbearing age) to have his surname in Aus, not just that we discovered on a recent trip to Italy that of the other three boys of direct ascension from DP's grandfather, two don't ever want kids (and are in their 40s, married etc), that leaves one and he is in his late 30's and doesn't look to be settling down anytime soon. The baby on board now is 99% another grip, and we will likely have one more child. In our circumstances, as long as I get his prior approval I may do it, but possibly send it to microsort.

I can't answer about the scenario of the childless woman as we already have kids, so I don't know how I feel.
    Well from this I can only assume that you have lied to us all this time and you are infact not in partnership with MrJones. Shocking.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-11-2013),harvs  (17-11-2013),Jellyfishie  (18-11-2013),MrJones&Me  (17-11-2013),Mulva  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Just out of interest, what happens to that emby now? Can you use it? (Don't have to answer, of course, I'm just wondering)
    No problem Technically yes I can still use it, as I could theoretically undergo a cycle without exDH's involvement since it's already a fertilized embryo. He couldn't use it unless I died though.

Slightly OT, but I received the storage invoice recently and said to exDH we should discard or donate since we'll now never use it. He's currently refusing to do that, saying 'you never know'..??! Uuumm....yes I do know, so if you want to keep it then you pay for it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-11-2013)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Well from this I can only assume that you have lied to us all this time and you are infact not in partnership with MrJones. Shocking.

I've been caught!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post

Slightly OT, but I received the storage invoice recently and said to exDH we should discard or donate since we'll now never use it. He's currently refusing to do that, saying 'you never know'..??! Uuumm....yes I do know, so if you want to keep it then you pay for it!
    This is the guy that impregnated another woman while still with you, then ditched you while pg..... and he says you never know? good lord. Sounds like he's hedging his bets

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-11-2013),BH-KatiesMum  (18-11-2013),Chillies  (18-11-2013),cluckcluck  (17-11-2013),dancingchipmunk  (17-11-2013),HugsBunny  (17-11-2013),MrJones&Me  (17-11-2013),Pesca77  (17-11-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (17-11-2013),VicPark  (17-11-2013)