+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If the OP had 'settled' she wouldn't be able to talk about this; all agreements following these sorts of issues have non-disclosure clauses. What did you agree with the clinic?

The details the OP provided are adequate to identify the practitioner; using archive.org or google cache it's pretty easy to find which doctors were where, when, and who moved from Repromed to Flinders. I also note that the practitioner in question has undertakings with AHPRA relating to his own health.

I'm not getting nasty. I'm not even really clear on what did happen to you. When something went very wrong for us, we used those formal complaints channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzy36 View Post
    If this had happened to me - i would have lodged freedom of information applications with the pricate clinic
    FOI only applies to government entities, but you have a right to access health information about yourself. The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) can assist if you have been denied access to your health record.
    https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/...-health-sector

and once having written evidence of the malpractice, lodged formal complaints with the Director of the clinic, AHPRA, & the AMA.
    The way to do this is to complain to the clinic through their medical director, then if you are dissatisfied, to raise a notification about the practitioner with AHPRA. https://www.ahpra.gov.au/Notificatio...ification.aspx

The AMA advocates for doctors, it is not a complaints entity. AHPRA works with the State medical boards on complaints about registered practitioners.

The other entities that can help are health complaints entities
    http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Notification...-entities.aspx these can help if the problem is about the clinic or non-registered practice staff.

I think medical malpractice is horrific and risks bringing all of healthcare into disrepute.
    Loss of individual trust is really awful, and the damage that poor practice does to individuals is incalculable.

Doctors are people too, however, and one-sided internet rumours don't help anyone.

I would not want anyone else to undergo the same experience with the same doctor in a different provider clinic.
    Of course, and, if serious enough, the practitioner should be dealt with appropriately.

Buffy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brib View Post
    Hey @mrsmac3 hows thing?
    Ive finished all clomid and waiting to go to bali in 3 weeks then to go have appointment to organise a laproscopy before ivf.. this is my first month off clomid and im on day 34 with no period and doesn't feel like its gunna come at all! Im not sure whats going on ive always been very very regular. I ovulated every time on clomid and this month off it i havnt got a positive opk yet! So i think my hormones are going crazy
    Hi Brib! I am doing good! Working my weight down from the prednisone I had last cycle. Looking like we might go back for our last frostie in July! Clomid is a ***** and can really stuff up your cycles!
    I've never had a laproscopy before, good luck with it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I've only just seen this thread for the first time. We where at Repromed in and off for a couple of years. FS couldn't figure out why we couldn't get pregnant then after we demanded my BF to be tested he came back with slow swimmers or they where going back wards. Did a round last Easter it was successful then failed at 7 weeks. Our "FS" then suddenly left Repromed (we later found out he was withholding test results from patients....myself included). We got a new FS who is amazing he said from looking at all my scans I had endo (was never told this) and a tumour growing inwards and outwards of my uterus. I had a laporoscopy 5 weeks after I met with him, I had stage 3 endo and a fibroid tumour that was calcified, all this was on my scans that where file at Repromed. All symptoms I gave them said I had what I had but again tests results where withheld. Money talks at private clinics. 4 months after laporoscopy we used our only frozen embryo it to failed on day 10 though. Then boom we got pregnant naturally off my period from that failed transfer. I'm due end of July now. Our FS is also our OB and also does gyno. If we had had him from the beginning he would of put through a laporoscopy first not a round of IVF and not clomid either and we would have around $12k in our bank accounts now. Our old FS works at flinders now.......
    Babybeeno I am not really sure the reason for your post here? Maybe to vent some frustration? I'm sorry your experience wasn't a positive one and you had a serious condition that needed immediate treatment that was withheld. However as the other girls said unless you are going to follow this up with a complaint at APRHA this could be considered slander and get you into trouble.

I know the doctor you are discussing as he is my treating doctor.

We aren't trying to be nasty, just concerned that if these allegations do prove true that other patients out there could be missing vital medical tests or information that could be prolonging their fertility journey.

I agree it was completely unprofessional for your new treating doctor to "gossip" with you a patient.

In saying all this, if these allegations are unfounded, having something like this floating around in cyber space could seriously impact the doctors career and his relationship with his patients, fracturing the foundation of trust they no doubt have built for no real reason at all.

I hope that you receive the resolution and conclusion to your journey with said doctor you are looking for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Buffy - sorry i failed to make myself clear in my response - i was responding to the previous posters question of thinking of what i would have done.

I work in healthcare - and agree the internet can be the modern day lynch mob...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

I am organizing a transfer from Repromed to Flinders Fertility because of The World Egg Bank service being available only at the latter.

I was looking at which doctor to go for, when I came across the recent chatter on this thread. Apparently, there were 2 doctors who left Repromed to go to Flinders Fertility.
    Last edited by Mod-Degrassi; 09-06-2016 at 10:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and apologies in advance if I am not supposed to spell out doctors' names...

I'm still very new and inexperienced in BH!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Repromed vs Flinders

@missjay I think it's better if we'd leave the doctor unnamed, I would not want to be apart of or associated with slander if it's just that. The lady who posted her complaints can take it through the right channels and get her resolution that way. It's not fair on him if it wasn't him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our fs is at Flinders is Dr Kamal and she is lovely, knowledgeable, and responsive. I asked to be referred to her there because I prefer to have a female fs. We saw 2 other doctors there when she was on leave and they were very nice too. We are much more impressed and happier with the consistency of the doctors at Flinders than at the other clinic we attended, where most other people we spoke to thought the clinic was great but for us everything was hard, disorganised and nothing ever went right unless we chased it up ourselves multiple times.

Buffy

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you @mrsmac3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm doing well @brib! I am getting ready for another round, one more frostie left! Hoping to do it end of July or early Aug! How'd your lap go?