+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooooh good luck Mrsmac!!! I've just had my third transfer this morn, keeping everything crossed that this one sticks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi
    We did two cycles with city fertility and all up out out of pocket costs were about $8000 for each cycle!
    Now we have just done a cycle with Repromed and out of pocket is $4900.

We are completely broke and in debt now. I've seen posts where other people pay a lot less and I don't know why.

Our current cycle I had some issues so no fresh transfer but we got 2 frozen embryos at day 4.

I'll be devastated if this doesn't work and we can no longer try as we can't afford it. If someone can tell me a cheaper alternative I would be so grateful!!

Thanks

Jade

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Apples1234 I just replied to the other thread you posted in re flinders fertility 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tjanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys,
    I have just been stalking this thread for the last hour or so. (You have all been so helpful without realizing it!!)
    I am currently at Flinders Fertility as well and am about to start our first cycle, just have to wait for AF.
    @brib I also had the hsg done about 2 weeks ago, it was definitely the least pleasant experience I have had so far!!

Hoping to book on for Mid Nov

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm starting to question flinders fert. To start with it was known I had symptoms of poly cystic overies and we had to be careful with my meds, but it sounds like I was on the same dose most other ppl get which resulted in OHSS. I'm annoyed that I pay the same as the girl in the next bed who didn't get overstimulated and gets a transfer and I didn't. My 1st FET only lasted 4 days before it rejected. The next FET they filled me up with progesterone but it failed too. So I collected 21 eggs, froze 5 embryos and had 2 FETS with 0%success and no more embryos....oh and I can't get in with my FS for a follow up until start of December so miss 2cycles and as they close over Xmas I don't think they do stims late dec. prices sent too different @repromed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Steph wow! Good luck and lots of sticky vibes coming your way!

Apples everyone one is different, some people may have private health insurance that cover a certain amount which is why you'll pay more. We don't have any so we're a public patient with Repromed so we paid full tote odds, flinders bulk bill country public patients because we travel 400kms every time we need an appt or transfer so our out of pocket is only $1k for this FET cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leachpeach good luck with your cycle! It was 3rd times the charm for our little girl and no guarantees with this cycle either. We had 2x5D and 3x3D but the doctor told us not to get our hopes up for the 3D ones.

Alykat I fully understand with actually having PCOS, they just monitor more closely and if you don't produce enough eggs are very hesitant to up your dose as even the smallest amount can cause OHSS. I'm so sorry the cycles didn't work, sounds like you might need a bit of extra help. Def see your doc for answers / further investigations and I would also utilise the counselling services at flinders. I also have thyroid antibodies, lupus test was positive, autoimmune antibodies positive and all sorts of other fun stuff! Hang in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I tested high natural killer cells in my uterus! It does happen I promise xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmac3 View Post
    Steph wow! Good luck and lots of sticky vibes coming your way!

Apples everyone one is different, some people may have private health insurance that cover a certain amount which is why you'll pay more. We don't have any so we're a public patient with Repromed so we paid full tote odds, flinders bulk bill country public patients because we travel 400kms every time we need an appt or transfer so our out of pocket is only $1k for this FET cycle.
    I'm confused. Isn't your FET Bulk billed too? I'm 15 mins up the rd from flinders and I don't pay for bloods or appointments with the FS as they are classed as a part of the cycle, and I pay $1k for my FETS. $300 technically once I get my rebate. I thought health card holders and rural patients got everything bulk billed. I applied for a health care card a month or so ago as our funds have basically ran out but we have to start from scratch again. Unfortunately in the governments eyes my DP earns enough to support me and MY daughter to warrant any pensions even though I only earn 300week barely as I study. I bloody hate the government. I hope Turnbull turns things round