+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brib View Post
    Hey gingermillie thankyou! Congrats on your baby girl hopefully i have one soon enough.. yes ive heard only good things about flinders and cannot wait to get started
    Hi @brib we saw Linda Roach and found her fantastic, very caring and honest and gave us options to choose from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats good to hear i cant remember the name of who iam seeing i think it was dr thompson or something like that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to let you all know Dr Kamal went off because she was pregnant and in bed rest for months, but last week she had a baby boy at 36 weeks, both doing well 💙
    I have only great things to say about Flinders, they have been fantastic!! We are currently in the middle of a fresh cycle, first scan and bloods tomoro to see how I am reacting to injections!! The injections really aren't that bad, my hubby does some and I do some if he isn't around!! I just say to myself when I'm about to inject "Baby" that seems to help!! 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    So how many days do you do the injections or is it different for everyone? As from what ive heard they sound very good at what they do which is great to know i was a bit worried weather id get a nasty nurse lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So how many days do you do the injections or is it different for everyone? As from what ive heard they sound very good at what they do which is great to know i was a bit worried weather id get a nasty nurse lol
    I think the nurses there are lovely too. I got to know each and every one through 7 cycles of treatment lol and they were always nice to me. Though I would say if you're expecting to hear from them any day and don't ring them by 3pm that day - I had a few occasions where phone calls didn't happen as they should. Also confirm everything and write it down so you have your own records!
    Number of injections varies per cycle - you take them until your body is ready for egg collection. I had 25 days of injections on an ovulation induction cycle once! But that is highly controlled just to get 1-2 eggs at a time. With ivf I think it was only 9 days or so. They're not that bad, I think the idea is worse than the reality. I kept records of all my cycles and tests and injections and added up how many injections, blood tests and internal ultrasounds I'd had in a year. Not cool man! But worth it in the end

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha yeah they told me on the phone ro prepare for alot of blood tests and injections after i told them i have a phobia of needles.. its something i will have to get over and it definitely will be all worth it in the end. My first appointment is monday and they said they could mayb do my 2nd appointment over the phone so i dont hav to travel 5 hours just for blood test results.. So im hoping 2 appointments then start with any luck..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls just a quick post.. ive just driven the loooong drive to adelaide for my first appointment tomorrow nervous and excited at the same time! My doctor didnt give me my old blood test and scan results as nothing was wrong and said flinders would do more anyways so im hoping all goes good tomorrow and i can start the process asap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls just a quick post.. ive just driven the loooong drive to adelaide for my first appointment tomorrow nervous and excited at the same time! My doctor didnt give me my old blood test and scan results as nothing was wrong and said flinders would do more anyways so im hoping all goes good tomorrow and i can start the process asap
    Even if they want to redo bloods, there's a clinic at the Hosp and they get results back same day. I'm in Tuesday morning @opening again for O tracking. I forgot on sat they don't open until 8am but they let me in @7:30 still as I had to go to work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh i have my inital appointment tomorrow and hoping to do ivf so i can get some blood taken but i believe i need it taken at different times of the month before i start :/ i dunno ive looked up on google way to many times on how it all works lol suppose i better wait till tomorrow and they can give me my answers ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @brib. I'm sure you'll be well looked after @flinders. After my 1st appointment DP and I were sent off for tests for any STIs and DP for hormones (our issue is male obstructive azoospermia).