+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brib View Post
    Hey girls ive been reading your conversation for the past hour and find it so interesting and positive.. i have my first appointment with flinders in a couple weeks! Mrsmac i noticed you wrote your from mt gambier iam too! Small world! Me and my partner have been trying with no luck for the past 2 years so we have been referred and cannot wait to start the ivf treatment.
    Hi @brib just wanted to say good luck! I had a baby girl almost 8 weeks ago thanks to ivf at flinders fertility hope you're as lucky as we have been. The needles aren't so bad and they're not forever but it's no fun being a pin-cushion that's for sure. The outcome is pretty fun though, good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey gingermillie thankyou! Congrats on your baby girl hopefully i have one soon enough.. yes ive heard only good things about flinders and cannot wait to get started

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gingermillie what doctor did you see? I have my first appointment on monday! I swear my partner thinks im mad with googling everything, its the only thing on my mind atm but its so good to hear great success stories comin out of flinders

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've seen quite a few of the FS there now, as some moved on or have gone on extended leave etc.
    But they've just had some new FS come on board so I'm hoping our new one sticks around until we get our longed for take home baby.

Our journey has taken a fair while

Thanks
    Reviews
    I red all your bad luck calstar! Im sure soon enough the goodluck will start coming x

Thanks
    Reviews
    With the orgalutran needle I used Emla cream, I would draw a circle on my stomach each night and hubby would inject in that spot where I put the cream. The little Epi pen ones aren't so bad, it's the pre filled syringe that hurt! It's like a bee sting.

We had Neeja, I don't know if she is still there. Even if you had tests done here they'll re test you, you can get your bloods done at the hospital as you leave as they prefer to double check themselves then go off what other doctors have done!

Pats is available to you, but as your country brib most of your appts are bulk billed, you should just pay the deposit for the drugs. Keep your accommodation receipts, they won't need petrol ones as it goes off the km.

Calstar I hope you have some success soon! It took us five years to get our little girl and she is worth every tear, needle, bruise and invasive procedure! We will be going back soon for a FET.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrsmac thanks for the info.. i might do some bloods before i leave then they said to make sure i bring my pats form with me but as you said most is all bulk billed only good thing about being from here .. so its not actually a needle its like an epi pen that might be easier for me im going to try and get a nurse or someone down here to do it, i wont be able to do it and my partner is the same as me just the thought puts him off .. im glad all went well with you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @mrsmac3

Neeja has gone now. It was all a bit odd. Kind of just went AWOL...

Thanks for the positive vibes, we did a more intense fresh cycle (3rd fresh) back in July. Had to do a freeze all due to possibility of ohss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OHSS sucks! I had a mild version with my first cycle and I was in so much pain!

Brib do you have family who could help? Which clinic do you go to here?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just through my normal doc done scans n bloods nothing abnormal with me or my partner just put down to unexplained infertility.. i did try 3 months on chlomid and i didnt get pregnant so thats why were looking at ivf.. all my family are down here but were doing it as a suprise for everyone also so atm only me n my partner know