+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Steph & Mrsmac! Just wanted to let you know I got a phone call today & my appointment has now been brought forward to next week.
    Very happy to be able to get back into things a month earlier than originally planned.

Only a few weeks left Steph!! Very exciting 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great Calstar, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great Calstar!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TC1 View Post
    Hi, I'm a complete newbie here and don't mean to hijack your post but was surfing the net for advice and found this thread. I'm seeing my Dr next week to get the referral for a fertility clinic here in Adelaide and she's suggested I let her know where I'd like to go. I have done some searching online and have absolutely no clue. I don't understand why prices vary so much between say Flinders and Repromed and therefore, if technology or facilities or wait time etc will be better with the more expensive clinic. Given the topic of conversation and your girls' experience, im hoping you can enlighten me with your opinions. ANY help or advice appreciated. Feeling lost... PS- we have 'severe' MFI so my basic understanding and net searching tells me we're up for IVF. Sigh...
    Hi tc1!

I'm from country SA so we started out at Repromed as they are all our gps would refer to. We did 2 unsuccessful rounds with them and had dr Bedson who I loved. The nurses were great and they were flexible. But as we are also public patients we were paying $7k per antagonist cycle and $3k for a frozen transfer. A friend or a friend told us about flinders who bb country patients so one gp appt later (where I had to take the address and phone number cos he'd never heard of them) and a quick appt later I am 22 weeks pregnant with our first! The flinders staff were brilliant and the nurses all have this positive upbeat outlook on all cycles, failed or otherwise. I would recommend flinders above Repromed based on price. But yes, that was the main reason we changed over! Good luck! Keep us posted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your replies! It's so difficult to make comparisons aside from price. I called flinders and repromed yesterday and they were both really helpful. The downside of flinders was the travel (I'm about an hour or so) and the approx 8 week wait for a new patient, but their prices are amazing! Repromed definitely seems a fair bit more expensive, but is about 20min closer and has approx 2-3 week wait to see someone.

I'm also going to look into the other two places in Adelaide, but still not sure how to make a decision! Crikey!

Thanks again! Will keep you posted

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just been to hospital to see about induction, am 37 weeks today and the spd is so bad, can hardly walk!! Doc did examination and said cervix is open and did a stretch and sweep, induction is booked for the 31st which seems ages away!! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stephhamer View Post
    I've just been to hospital to see about induction, am 37 weeks today and the spd is so bad, can hardly walk!! Doc did examination and said cervix is open and did a stretch and sweep, induction is booked for the 31st which seems ages away!! X
    Wow! Exciting times ahead! The 31st isn't too far away, but I guess when you're in pain it must feel like it!
    I can't believe you're at term already!
    Xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Calstar For This Useful Post:

stephhamer  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little bundle has arrived 😄😄😄😄
    I was due to be induced 2 weeks early next Sunday, but my little miss had other ideas and arrived at 7.36am this morn!! She weighs 7lb 3oz and is the most perfect little miracle, I'm beyond happy!! We have called her Lottie!! Everyone was convinced it was a boy, but I was really hoping for a girl 💗ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408969001.790682.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh she is adorable! Congratulations to you ob the birth of lottie!!! 😄😄😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness! I thought you'd been quiet & did start to wonder!!

Congratulations!! Welcome to the world Lottie xx
    Awww our first baby lol
    Glad she came naturally before induction, she must have been eager to meet her mum & dad xxx