+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Unhappy Seriously!!!!! Not happy :(

I had my final assessment due tonight. It had to be in by 11:55 Sydney time. Well for over 4 hours I have been trying to get onto moodle from OUA to submit it but well no.... it wont let me on, i mean the page wont load. Ive tried 3 different internet browsers (IE, Mozilla and Chrome) and 3 different computers, all the same...." server not found". I cleared the cookies etc etc. its the only page not working.

So i try calling the number on the OUA website, well now they are not taking calls, ive sent an email with my issue and have a case id number for the issue (i guess as proof if this is going to be something i have to argue against), I tried emailing the course tutor directly. All with no luck.

Now its well passed cut of deadline time and i haven't been able to submit my final assessment.

NOT HAPPY! TOTALLY DEVASTATED! FEELING LIKE CRYING! stressed lately been working really really hard at this & to have this happen just right royally sucks!

i knowww im being way to emotional but

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is feel the same way! Study is stressful and so is technology when it isn't working! Hope it's resolved soon x

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I'm sure it will be fine! You've done everything in your power to hand it in on time, and sometimes they have to expect technology will fail!

If only I could have used that excuse when I was studying! I had to travel over to uni, walk all the way to the edu building, up 3 flights if stairs and hand on my assignment physically by finding the lecturers office, putting my assignment in a box and signing my name.

Oh my god. I think I just told a "back in my day" story

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If the assignment wasnt already overdue then I imagine the penalty for bring a couple of hours late and submitting today is not huge (that's if they don't take into consideration or recognise there were server issues).
    In the alternative - did you email the assesment to your course co-ordinator when you emailed asking for help?
    It's obviously not the correct procedure but they would be able to verify it's the same document as the one you will eventually upload in moodle.

Hope it gets sorted ok for you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a uni lecturer and I've taught distance and OUA students before. Technical problems are not uncommon and I usually give students the benefit of the doubt if they say they couldn't submit on time due to server problems. You tried everything you could to fix the problem on your end and providing a case ID number should be ample evidence for your tutor. Screenshots can also be useful.

You said that emailing your tutor directly didn't work. Do you mean that you couldn't find an email address to contact them? Or that you didn't receive a reply? If it's that you didn't receive a reply don't worry. The tutor will probably check their emails in the morning and get back to you.

I agree with Nirok's solution. I usually ask student to email me their work if they can't upload it and to upload it when their server problems are resolved. Then I can see that the work has been done on time even if it wasn't submitted in the required way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks guys.
    My tutor got back to me two hours after i emailed her and asked me to email the assessment to her. Provided my case id and everything also. According to her im not the only one having moodle issues and as long as she received it via email by todays end I wont be marked late. I forwarded it on as soon as i received the email. So it was 4 hours past deadline but she received it.

So i cant complain.

This is my first unit (well its a prep unit) and my first issue with the site so i was stressing out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear it was all resolved! Unfortunately these technical issues happen from time to time, which is very unfortunate because it causes students an awful lot of stress.

Congratulations on completing your first unit! I hope your enjoy the rest of your course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks EvilWombatQueen