+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Children may look like you if they are a few months old even you have no idea about the egg donor. Wait till they grow. It is just difficult to accept that you lose option to choose when you had it because someone did not give you correct information and someone else gave the impression that it was verified. I understand to make sacrifices in case of neccessity. I understand accidents, even unwillingly done human erroros. But I do not believe that this is the case.
    Last edited by experienced; 17-11-2013 at 18:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I deleted this reply because of redundancy.
    Last edited by experienced; 17-11-2013 at 18:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And you are still making no sense. We have no idea what you are talking about. I'm disappointed that you've condemned a WHOLE country with your disgruntled view point of one clinic.
    Are you caucasian and ended up with an asian donor or an african donor?

You CAN NEVER CHOOSE with anonymous donation. You specify some preferences and if you're lucky you get them.

You are obviously VERY VERY against egg donation in general.

If you are so concerned that the child wont look like you then here's a suggestion: Don't have a child via an egg donor.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice284 For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (17-11-2013),lilypily  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm terribly confused. This thread is making no sense at all. I'm starting to think it might be a scam. Time to bring the discussion to a close i think. Redundancy all the way!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I'm putting my bit in as well. I'm also lost by what the issue was/is. If you new all you could do was request certain features etc and not see the donor then why do it at all in the Ukraine? We are going to South Africa and the main reason we chose there instead of Greece or Czech Republic was that we did get to choose our anonymous donor and see her baby and child photos plus a lot of other non identifying information. So I am confused with all the information available online what made you choose the Ukraine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you buy a can of coke and when you open it you expect to find coke . Is this understandable ? I think it is. Now how do you feel if you find water instead of coke on a can on which it is written coke? Not very good, I guess. At least those who read what is written on the can before they open it. Do we agree at this point ? Of course if you are in the middle of dessert and happy to survive you dont care if you drink coke or water. Some people are looking at the issue from point view of someone who is desperate to get any eggs from any donor. This is a case of exception and not the scope of this subject.

My warning is not for those people who are desperatly searching for a can of any drink. I write for those people who expects to get coke when they order coke. I am sure those people exactly understand what I am talking about. A few people derail the subject based on whatever motive they have. I am not here to do demagogy with some people.

My message is not for those who are happy to get any egg from anyone.
    Last edited by experienced; 18-11-2013 at 23:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wholly support Lilly's submission. With respect 'Experienced', you should have perhaps researched further ED options. There are many countries worldwide who have EDs available. Each country has differing legislative requirements for ED.

It is my understanding that many European Countries have a completely anonymous system.

As per Lily, we too chose Sth Africa for the very reason that whilst they respect and uphold anonymity, they: provide comprehensive donor profiles, have very strict legislative parameters, allow the recipients to view childhood pictures of the donor and do not egg share.

I have absolutely no doubt that my son was produced from our donor's eggs. He looks like her!!!!

my recommendation for yourself and others embarking on a DE journey is to DO your RESEARCH.

You have obviously had a remarkable experience and i hope that you can one day find peace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So OP, what I'm understanding from your cryptic posts is that you had a child through donor eggs and you are not happy with how your child looks? Is this correct? I hope to god I am wrong, because if you are that concerned about your children's looks then I feel for your children.
    If it was a case of the donor didn't provide you with the right number of eggs, fert rate was low, then I'm sorry but you need to do more research on egg donation. I am extremely fertile, falling pregnant whenever I try and even when not trying. I've been through 2 donation cycles, both of which have not been great. The first I ended up with no eggs, due to a clinic miscommunication. The second, with fantastic stimming, 15+ great looking follies, only 4 eggs retrieved. All the tests before epu showed that I was looking to produce heaps more, but it seems that the protocol just didn't work. I've known other donors who have done multiple cycles, using the exact same protocol each time, and will end up with a cycle producing 20+ eggs and then the next producing less than 5. It is not an exact science. Unless the clinic has given you a guarantee that you will get x number of eggs or you don't pay, then you can't really complain that you didn't get enough.

Sent from my U8860 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by trustno1; 20-01-2014 at 08:07.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default We are in the same situation as you were

Hello, two years later I have read your thread. I hope your story has finally ended well.
    Now we are in the same situation as you were then.

I cannot think of an egg donation without knowing anything about de donor. So I'm thinking about the Ukraine, where they show you some photos of the donor, but at the same time it is not legal. It is a bit puzzling.

If posible I would like to know about your experience. How did you manage to see the donor before paying anything? Would you recommend me a clinic or an agency? And is there something I must not do...

Thanking you in advance, best regards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is true, egg donation in Ukraine is anonymous therefore the clinics can't show the photos of an egg donor, just a description. Of course there is no trust to such services. But egg donor agencies can show you photos and it's legal. For example our agency can even arrange a meeting with the egg donor, it's just not right when you have no choice how your children will look like. We show photos and full profiles and the intended parents are able to view our full database and choose the best candidate for them, not just 1-2 photos or simple description. I don't know if it's allowed to post links on this forum (if not, Admin, please, remove my message or link) but you may make sure that good services in Ukraine are real http://surrogacyukraine.com/database...tes/egg-donors