+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Suggest going for a coffee... Think of it as a practice date before you go out with the guy you actually like... Who knows this one might be better in person, text messages make it hard to get to know someone...

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    If you're not into him, that's cool. Please don't make another thread, because it's not cool. TBH, I thought it would be funny to see the texts, but then I thought, this is a real life person and it's not nice.

Sorry to be a party pooper
    You're not a party pooper. That's how I feel. I think I kind of thought I'd give it a go but I can already tell from my internal reaction to the texts it's just not for me. I'll text him in the morning (way to late now).... But I meant another thread about a different person. Not this guy.

Just for others to live vicariously through me. I certainly don't want to torture the poor bloke. I hope that's not how it read. Wasn't my intention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey you have it a shot and that took plenty of courage on your part

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Either way. People will follow

As for food and eating - there is always soup

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think he's probably said to add him on FB so you can sticky beak & see that he's not a psycho

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a guy ask for me number one night at work. He was with a bunch of his mates who were very rowdy and obnoxious. They all walked out and then he came back in and said 'You are too gorgeous for me to just walk away from. Can i please have your number?' Ahhhh....WHAT! That was the first time that had ever happened to me too! Anywho, i gave him my number and he left. We then ended up texting each other for a few weeks and he invited me over after work one night to 'hang out'. Through the previous communication he seemed like such a sweet, genuine guy so i decided to go. The night ended with me basically running out the door. He was really no better than his douchebag mates. My point is though, people are so much different face to face. I felt like a bit of an idiot afterwards but i don't regret it. I will never look back at that point in my life and think 'what if'.

If i was you, i would meet him for a coffee or breakfast. If at the end of that meeting you still don't feel in to him, tell him. Who knows, he might end up saving you the hassle! As for sharing these posts, i don't see it any different to sharing it with a group of girlfriends. If anyone else came across this or any other thread of similar topic, they wouldn't know who anyone involved was. Share away i say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you've got nothing to lose by meeting him for a coffee and seeing if your thoughts change. Its really hard to tell what someone is like via text messaging. You know if I decided to base my interest on my now DH based on his text messaging / phone manner, then I would have run a mile...he is shocking via both forms of communication! Give it a go, you've got nothing to lose.

As for the purdy comment, it made me laugh because a few of my girlfriends call each other "purdy" (said in a long drawn out voice) all the time, things like "oh you're so puuuuurrrrrdddddy" or "that's a purdy top you are wearing".

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know it just occurred to me he might be an absolute creep who does this to a lot of women as a pick up line. Like Barney from How I Met Your Mother.

The fact that he asked for a selfie to remind him how "purty" you are - like he couldn't remember which one you were & needed to place you?

Sorry if I'm bursting a bubble! And I'm probably wrong because I am a total cynical b!tch.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (16-11-2013),HippyGirl85  (16-11-2013),Little Miss Sunshine  (16-11-2013),~ElectricPink~  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's great you texted back, so now you won't ever wonder what could've been.
    From past experience text msgs aren't good to base your feelings on. Meeting up for a coffee/drink is best way to find if you should continue or not. 50% of the guys I've had a first date with went on to having a few more or money months more of dates. Two got serious but unfortunately their feelings changed and we went our seperate ways.
    But if you're not comfy in meeting up that's all ok. Do what you feel is best.

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Follow your gut feeling.
    I dont think he should have asked for a selfie pic though, thats seems a bit OTT.
    I wouldn't meet him, he seems like a douche to me.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue Dragon For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (16-11-2013),Little Miss Sunshine  (16-11-2013)