+ Reply to Thread
    Pregalicious is offline "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feelings after surgery?

Just wondering...does anybody know if there's some kind of chemical reasoning as to why I feel so down today? I had surgery under a general on tues arvo and today I just feel really low. Its not the pain - I'm handling that part really well...I just feel really...*shrug.

Is it something to do with the addrenaline and rushing around with an emergency situation being over with maybe?

Sent from my ZTE T82

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always wondered this as GA gives me awful trouble with feeling completely miserable for about a week after surgery! Apparently (according to my Dr) it's a common side effect but I'd be interested to know why? After my c-arc I had no issues and can only figure it was due to being awake.

Hope your all recovered and feel better soon xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope2487 For This Useful Post:

Pregalicious  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant tell you why but i am another who suffers lows after surgery/childbirth.
    After both bubs i suffered serious PND and after my prolapse surgery i was very down for 2 days after...made all the more worse by finding out 2 hours after waking up my boss passed away. Let me tell you, finding out a good friend has passed after surgery makes recovery a WHOLE lot harder!

I think you might be on to something about the adrenaline thing. Could be that you've had to deal with your own mortality and its also possibly a withdrawal from the drugs...lets face it Morphine is some serious good stuff and like heroin the 'come down' is a horrid thing.

Just an idea??

Pregalicious is offline "Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to know I'm not the only one! Yes, it could be the morphine, I didn't think of that!

Sent from my ZTE T82

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another one. I've had quite a few general anaesthetics, some were emergency situations, others scheduled & i've felt depressed for about a week afterwards every single time. I do think it's a chemical thing. How do you go with drugs in general? I'm quite sensitive to most drugs so always thought it was something to do with that. Hang in there, it'll pass

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What pain relief are you on now? After my last CS they had me on some great stuff but alternated a variety when stopping the endone and one made me feel emotionally wrong. Can't remember the name of it tho!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I came home yesterday arvo and I'm just taking nurofen as I need it, which isn't very often.

I think I'm just very tired and drained. A bit disappointed that a couple of people who I thought would really help me out have left me high and dry. Nothing like being deserted in ur hr of need anyway at least I have DH he'll be home soon.

I'm sure it will pass, hopefully tomorrow is a better day. And we all know that having a good cry makes u feel a bit better too

Sent from my ZTE T82

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregalicious For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (15-11-2013)