+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Parental rights vs parental responsibility!

Just a vent really, to the other single parents who know what it's like.

So sodding annoyed at DS's dad cancelling arrangements with DS whenever he feels like it, yet stick acting like mr king sh*t best dad in the world and telling me (not asking, not discussing) when he will see DS.

Get your head out of your own ar.se d.ick head!

why are parental responsibilities so distinct from parental rights? Why should a parent who is not willing to put their own child first, pick and choose when they see them, have full parental rights, and make demands regarding DS?

Not once has he ever offered to have DS on a public holiday, when DS is sick and can't go to kindy, during his own holidays off work... Extra days, yet thinks he has the right to tell me when he will see DS. Sorry, you just cancelled your last two scheduled visits, making unreasonable demands at me just won't really go down well, that's why I told you off. I am the parent here, raising our son, putting him first every waking moment. Until you start to put him first, then don't be bl.oody surprised when I tell you to eat poo when you think you can make demands of me and expect me to smile sweetly and say suuure that's fine you're such an aweeesone daaaad!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Dreamer1  (21-11-2013),experience88  (23-11-2013),Gracie's Mum  (20-11-2013),My Beloved Ones  (26-11-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (14-11-2013),Stiflers Mom  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My son's dad cancels on him literally half an hour before he (or should I say his poor partner) is due to pick him up. Guess who gets to tell DS the good news.

Me -_-

His dad is exactly the same - he's a great guy. Any problems and it's my fault, despite the fact I'm the one *actually* trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ☺️
    Last edited by ScaryMissMary; 15-11-2013 at 21:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just waiting now for the 'so what's the arrangement for christmas this year? I'll take him christmas night and drop him off in the arvo'....
    Ah, no you won't buddy....!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryMissMary View Post
    "I don't give a toss about your rights. I care about our sons rights and you responsibility to his rights." ☺️
    Oh that's a good one! Must make you want to get crazy on him. How patronising!

Ah gee it feels good to vent. I'm so sick of being the nice guy, trying to accommodate him for DS's sake. So sick of dads who see their kids as options, rather than responsibilities!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Parents don't have rights to their children. Only the children have rights. Your DS has the right to stability and a reliable relationship with his father. Not a relationship whenever his father can be bothered. D!ck.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (14-11-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (14-11-2013),SpecialK  (21-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hear you fleet wood. I'm not a single parent anymore but I do have to deal with DS4 bio dad & it's like dealing with a child. He is stubborn and selfish. DS's father floats in and out of DS life when he chooses, only in his life if I do everything he wants & he gets his way 100%, otherwise he disappears for a good couple of months.

Not sure if you read the thread about him taking DS to swimming lessons but in the end he's decided not to have DS at all if he dare has to take HIS son to a swimming lesson that falls on one of his days with him every 2nd week. Oh well his loss. He basically said he won't do anything that I ask of him even if it's in the best interest of our child. He said that I'm trying to use swimming lessons as a last ditch to control him. then said If our son wants to do something fun like swimming lessons or sports it's got to be during my time with him, not during his because it eats into what he wants to do. Kind of hard to do when most things are on weekends buddy!

Sorry to hear that he acts like this OP, it's the kids that gets hurt and miss out in the end. Just tell him to fu@k off and not to bother if he can't to commit to the days & times he's agreed to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I feel for you mothers in this situation. I have court orders for sole parental responsibility so I don't have to deal with that anymore. If only more fathers cared more about the children's rights rather than their own 'rights'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusheen The Cat View Post
    I hear you fleet wood. I'm not a single parent anymore but I do have to deal with DS4 bio dad & it's like dealing with a child. He is stubborn and selfish. DS's father floats in and out of DS life when he chooses, only in his life if I do everything he wants & he gets his way 100%, otherwise he disappears for a good couple of months.

Not sure if you read the thread about him taking DS to swimming lessons but in the end he's decided not to have DS at all if he dare has to take HIS son to a swimming lesson that falls on one of his days with him every 2nd week. Oh well his loss. He basically said he won't do anything that I ask of him even if it's in the best interest of our child. He said that I'm trying to use swimming lessons as a last ditch to control him. then said If our son wants to do something fun like swimming lessons or sports it's got to be during my time with him, not during his because it eats into what he wants to do. Kind of hard to do when most things are on weekends buddy!

Sorry to hear that he acts like this OP, it's the kids that gets hurt and miss out in the end. Just tell him to fu@k off and not to bother if he can't to commit to the days & times he's agreed to.
    I feel your pain. My ex and his new GF have done exactly the same thing to my son.

So selfish. I am astounded by their behaviour.

Im pretty angry right now, for so many reasons regarding my ex.

Complete muthafarking @*******s.

I will be raising my child to be better. He already has more compassion and sense at 7. Actually his older sister is better then that, she looks after my son better then his dad.

Sorry I'm a ranting loony right now.
    Last edited by sockstealingpoltergeist; 14-11-2013 at 14:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know, I hear the sane stuff from so many mums out there doing it on our own and having to deal with grown men who have shifted their priorities elsewhere. I would never ever shift my priority from DS. Not ever.

I can't believe I used to think DS's dad was the best guy I knew. My mind boggles at how much that has changed.

He pi.ssed me off so much this arvo that I snapped at DS over the smallest thing. I checked myself, felt awful so took DS out the back for a trampoline session and an ice block. Feel much better now