+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely a few things i will be omitting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes, a lot of stuff I keep locked up inside and I definitely made mistakes pre DP that have churned me up inside. Hence the quote below!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think the only things I wouldn't want my kids knowing is when we found out we were expecting dd2, hubby was adamant I terminate. Not because he didn't want another but just because of our circumstances at the time. Within a few days of finding out and me saying we are keeping it, he was over the moon though.

Also I never ever want them knowing the hell me and DH went through after dd1 was born- very violent and toxic relationship. I don't want them knowing the sort of man he used to be at that point in our lives.

Me + He =
    DD1, DD2, DD3 & bun in the oven due May 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJones&Me View Post
    Too many things sadly. Main one would be that we almost had a termination with her (had appointment but couldn't go through with it)
    Same here. DSS need never know this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I'm not ashamed of anything in my past, if I was asked anything I would be honest with the boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That I never wanted children and in fact held a small grudge against DD when I first found out I was pregnant with her, soon got over it and love them all to pieces to the point if DH would let me I would have more. I won't hide that I liked to party but I would like them to not know some of the thinks I got up to when high or drunk.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    These responses are great! Thanks to all of you who reminded me about my own sordid past that I hadn't even been thinking about 😳. I can see that sometimes we can use our own experience to add to our child's learning by being honest about our own choices and the impact on our life. But some things that might be hurtful to our children ie abuse, considering termination etc are worth holding onto ourselves. Maybe? Don't know. Very interesting, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a pretty wild and colourful past as well, ranging from 14-18, but it's all helped to shape the person I am today, so no, I'd not hide any of it from my children. Rather I think I'll use it as an educational tool when they are teens

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a very colourful past but not something I will hide. When the appropriate time arises I will share my experiences in the hope they make better choices than I ever did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, nothing I think I'd keep from my daughter or other future children. There are plenty of things which wouldn't be appropriate until they had the maturity for a full discussion though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (15-11-2013)