+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldnt ever want Ds1 to know what I went through in his first year of life when I struggled with pnd. The things I said and thought about him and myself are terrible and I would never want him to find out. Im tearing up just thinking about what a horrible person I was Dont get me wrong I loved him to pieces and he was very much wanted but at that point I was in such a dark place it didnt matter how loved and wanted he was. So ashamed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've done some hideous things that I ashamed of but I don't want to hide them from DD. If an appropriate time arises and my experience can be used as a what not to do example, then I will share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mm. No. I have a pretty colourful past, but all that has shaped who I am. I'm not ashamed of myself, I want to teach DD to not be ashamed of herself or her experiences because they'll shape the person she grows to be. If she doesn't like an experience she has, then I would like to teach her to learn from it and grow and move past it, rather than harbour feelings of guilt and shame about something that she now can't change.

Back in my day, ABC played Alice Cooper on the kids cartoons and our cartoons could talk. Being a kid sucks now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Sairz  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sooo much. Yeah I never want ds to know how I felt about him when I had pnd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well yes my experiences have shaped who I am now and if I had a daughter or dil and she had pnd then I would share what I went through. But ds is only 2 so Its too fresh for me to feel like what I went through is nothing more than a shaping life experience. Its all way too raw for me at this point to not still feel a level of shame.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    There is lots i dont want DS to know about. I cant even talk to most of my friends atm about something as i know i will be judged something cronic and i really wanna talk about it but cant.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    The past is the past. There are things I've done that I will never admit to anyone - especially my children. Its not who I am now.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (14-11-2013),~Marigold~  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I don't think there is anything I couldn't or wouldn't want to talk about. I guess my life is a bit dull compared to others.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    That dh and I dtd on the first date! Little hussy I was! Lol. At that point in time I had no idea if it was going to be a one night stand. 10 years later we are msrried with almost 3 kids.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    I wouldnt ever want Ds1 to know what I went through in his first year of life when I struggled with pnd. The things I said and thought about him and myself are terrible and I would never want him to find out. Im tearing up just thinking about what a horrible person I was Dont get me wrong I loved him to pieces and he was very much wanted but at that point I was in such a dark place it didnt matter how loved and wanted he was. So ashamed
    Please don't be ashamed. You couldn't help it. The main thing is you worked through it, and recognised it. X

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Cue  (14-11-2013),dancingchipmunk  (14-11-2013),LoveLivesHere  (14-11-2013),Purple Lily  (15-11-2013),~Marigold~  (14-11-2013)