+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Skeletons in your Closet

Not sure if I'll get many responses to this, but... do you have anything about your own life or family that you will never, ever tell your children? Or that you hope they will never find out?

For me, it would be that I hope DS never finds out that despite how much he loves him now, his father didn't want him, and that becoming a father pushed him over the edge into serious mental illness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That I lived with some strange people and was into BDSM, watched my flat mate pierce someone's penis and to put it very nicely I had very loose morals at uni - especially after a few drinks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Similar to yours OP - my son's father dumped me because I didn't terminate the pregnancy. I never want DS to know that.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Too many things sadly. Main one would be that we almost had a termination with her (had appointment but couldn't go through with it)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hope my kids never discover the extent of mental health issues, drug addiction etc that runs thru my family.

Or that I've made use of private DNA testing

Thanks
    Reviews
    that I was abused by a neighbour when I was 8..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Skeletons in your Closet

Pretty much my entire private life from the age of 20 to 26. I was a right slapper, took drugs, smoked, drank myself into oblivion every weekend and quite frankly, I'm lucky I was never raped or ended up with HIV.

ETA just to clarify, I mean HIV from risky sex, not from drugs. I never injected anything.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well he's only 3, but I feel like there's nothing I won't tell DS, if he asks. I am not ashamed of any of my past, and it's a colourful past. The same regarding his dad and I. If he wants to know anything, I will be factual. I won't be bad-mouth his dad to him ever, but I won't hide the facts either. I won't need to anyway, the facts speak for themselves.

I can't think of anything I specifically don't want DS to know, or that he shouldn't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well there's many things I hope they never ask, particularly why their bio father isn't in their lives, but I know the questions are probably going to pop out one day and I will try to answer them honestly as possible.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah heaps. Just about everything mentioned in this thread actually. I would honestly change a lot about my life if I could and really want my kids to avoid making the mistakes i made. Oh i wonder how many parents have said that?