+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default AP debate with Peaches Geldof and Katie Hopkins

Has anyone watched this video yet? Apparently Peaches Geldof came under fire recently for cosleeping which is what sparked this debate with the horrible Katie Hopkins woman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...on-debate.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    I co sleep with my baby girl and have done since she was born. I wouldn't have it any other way. She is so contented, safe and happy. I have lost a baby to sids and he was alone in his cot in another room Never again will I have a baby sleep in another room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kara I am so sorry *hugs*

I agree with you. I feel so much safer having my baby right next to me. I never co slept with DD1 until she was about 18 months (and that was mainly because it was the only way I could get her to sleep and I was back at work and needed as much as I could get!) and honestly, when I was pregnant with DD2 I said I wouldn't as I was worried it wasn't safe when she was so small.

But then she came along and we had issues with breast feeding and she was also so clingy that I started doing it for a couple of hours after her early morning feed, then when I was comfortable started after her middle of the night feed and now it's just natural for her to sleep next to me. She is so much more settled than she ever is in her basinet and I can't see me moving her out anytime soon. I just love that I can always hear/feel her and she can just snack whenever she wakes during the night.

I completely understand why people don't do it, I used to be one of them. But women like Katie Hopkins with her condescending comments just drive me insane. As long as people are doing it safely, butt out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. There are safe ways to do it. I wouldn't sleep if I had to have my baby in another room now though. And even now I wake up a few times a week in a cold sweat checking my child even though she's always fine and I lost my baby to sids 13 years ago. You never really get over it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makes me sad reading this now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey&&me View Post
    Makes me sad reading this now
    I know I was just thinking about this the other day. I saw a person on my FB b!tching about AP/cosleeping and actually had the nerve to comment about Peaches, "so it can't be good". So disgusting.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

monkey&&me  (07-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel so much more at ease having my son in our room with us. He's 6 months and everyone keeps saying I'll sleep better when he's in his own room but I know I won't! He sleeps at least part of the night in our bed because he wakes frequently and it's easier to settle him when we lie down together and he feeds. He's a real wriggler and likes to have his face right next to mine, and I wake up every time he moves so I'd actually rather he slept in his own bed! But if he sleeps better with me in our bed, I don't mind.

There are safe ways to co sleep and I wish more would realise that. I always feel so guilty when I mention he is often in bed with us (well, me - he sleeps on my side not between me and hubby) to a nurse or doctor. I'm so certain they'll judge me (and usually do!). But I know he is safe.

You need to do what's right for you.