+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Dave think of the great stories you will have to tell at the 21st birthdays. That is what I keep reminding myself anyway.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah there'll be a few stories to tell

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hahaha, We had a similar morning. Dh had his big bosses in town and had to go to work early. DD3 picked this morning to have meltdown after meltdown after meltdown so we were all running late for school except for ds1 (14) who was dressed and ready 30mins early. Ds3 (18mths) escaped and got himself stuck on the top floor of the cubby house. Ds1 being a loving bro run out to rescue him, to thank him ds3 did a poo explosion all over ds1. He had poo all over the front of shirt and running down his shorts onto his shoes. So it was off to shower again for both of them.
    I finally had dd3 calmed down and was fixing her hair when i saw a nit. Yep a beeping nit. With 2 girls with very long hair and a ds with horrid eczema on his scalp, it is always a ordeal. So ds3 got the day off school so I could treat her.
    I was suppose to getting her birthday gift and the christmas presents today, so that went out the window.
    Today is the day I do mum's shopping so we head off to do that and Nanna insist on still picking up her Christmas laybys so now dd3 has a good idea what everyones pressies are. Than Nanna goes and buys the same gift for ds3 as I was going to buy. I got dizzy and fell over in the shops, only my pride was hurt.
    So yeah, not my day

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    Oh Dave! What a day! I'm so sorry I can't help but laugh though!
    Thanks for the sympathy

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

CitrusRainxxx  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @anewme and I thought I was the only one having a bad day. I find myself in good company.

I was lucky. Mine was over in an hour or so. The rest of the day was reasonable.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A gotta laugh kinda day huh? They are always interesting and often involve poop in some way with young children. You sound like you are doing well though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    A gotta laugh kinda day huh? They are always interesting and often involve poop in some way with young children. You sound like you are doing well though.
    No point crying so might as well laugh.

YeAh we got through. The sunny paper was kinda liken the last straw and then they give you this gorgeous innocent from :-/

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted this here 'typically a woman's forum' and on my woodworking forum 'typically a man's forum'

Interesting the response from each side.

Typically the men offer solutions. They are all humorous and unrealistic but solutions / quick fix

Here it is like a shoulder to cry on, some one to listen and sympathise.

Both sides typically laugh

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (15-11-2013),LoveLivesHere  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Hahaha, We had a similar morning. Dh had his big bosses in town and had to go to work early. DD3 picked this morning to have meltdown after meltdown after meltdown so we were all running late for school except for ds1 (14) who was dressed and ready 30mins early. Ds3 (18mths) escaped and got himself stuck on the top floor of the cubby house. Ds1 being a loving bro run out to rescue him, to thank him ds3 did a poo explosion all over ds1. He had poo all over the front of shirt and running down his shorts onto his shoes. So it was off to shower again for both of them.
    I finally had dd3 calmed down and was fixing her hair when i saw a nit. Yep a beeping nit. With 2 girls with very long hair and a ds with horrid eczema on his scalp, it is always a ordeal. So ds3 got the day off school so I could treat her.
    I was suppose to getting her birthday gift and the christmas presents today, so that went out the window.
    Today is the day I do mum's shopping so we head off to do that and Nanna insist on still picking up her Christmas laybys so now dd3 has a good idea what everyones pressies are. Than Nanna goes and buys the same gift for ds3 as I was going to buy. I got dizzy and fell over in the shops, only my pride was hurt.
    So yeah, not my day
    Sorry to derail here but what an awful day you had too @anewme. Cant believe your mum did that!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Funnels For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 years on and hapoy to say have not had another day quie the same

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (26-12-2015),made2bAmummy  (26-12-2015),sunnyflower  (25-12-2015)