+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Why me?

Well I had one of those days. Well let's say 1st hour of the day.

How has your day been? I hear you say ....

Ok so I'm relatively new to the stay home dad thing. I've always shared in caring for our children - no problem.

But now doing it all while Raechell's at work or study. I always knew it was full on but today.

Getting breakfast for
    Tyler 5 - about to go to kinder and already running late
    Sammy 3.5
    Tom Tom 2

Tom Tom protests for reason unknown and pushed his breakfast off the breakfast bar. Now we have a split level kitchen dining and the breakfast bar on the higher level and looks over counters and stove. Wheatbix all over stove burners and rack thingies

Looking after granddaughter 1 yr old Nessy as WBD (Wanna Be Diva aka Leith 21 year old daughter) had stayed the night but is off to study with her mum. She says she changed Nessy's nappy but just as they are out the door and I've dealt with the breakfast mess ... What smells??? Poop in every place you can imagine and the poor girl has a rash that looks like it is blistering.

So Nessa is cleaned up, treated and powdered. Tyler is finished dressed and shoes on. Stove is clean and washing in the laundry basket ready to hand out. Time to take tyler to kindy. Tom Tom wants to come. Leave other 2 in care of Jack and take the boys.

Kinder car park. Getting Tom Tom out of his car seat and hand slides on his back. Poop!!! No really, I mean poop & lots of it. He has had a blow out and no clothes or nappies with me. Hell!!! it is on the car seat too. Take tyler in and check if kinder has nappies. A big fat no. Stinky kid back in the car.

Home now and Tom Tom on the change table. Dam I just remembered something. Brb .....

Another semi disaster. Tell now or try to keep in chronological order. Ok carrying on where we left off

There is blanket so the kids don't get cold from the vinyl. I peel it back for poopy nappies so not to get it dirty. What a blow out!!!! I thought Nessy was bad. This is front and back. Nappy wipe - no this is too bad. Shower time.

Well that was not so bad in the shower once temp was good and he enjoyed it. Back to room and dress him for the day. Change Sammy into day clothes and feed Nessa.

Time to wash all the soiled clothes and the seat cover.

Now I'm typing this up and I remember the change table. You remember. "am I just remembered something. Brb ....." Sammy!!! She is on the change table blanket down. Poop all over the blanket and by this time poop drying in the vinyl. "Clean up isle 5."

Ok all done and Tom Tom!! Nessa!! They are into the laundry and have devoured a toilet roll each.

All fixed and finally I think we can have some outside play. At least it has only just gone 10. What else could go wrong

Maybe I should go back to work lol

Hope you found joy in the start of my day

Regards
    Last edited by DaveTTC; 14-11-2013 at 15:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh dear, Dave. You've gone and done it. You're a bit buggered now.

"What else could go wrong". My advice is to put a pot on your head and bunker down while the world says "Challenge accepted!"

Back in my day, ABC played Alice Cooper on the kids cartoons and our cartoons could talk. Being a kid sucks now.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (14-11-2013),dancingchipmunk  (14-11-2013),DaveTTC  (14-11-2013),gizmoduckus  (14-11-2013),jagamoe  (15-11-2013),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol. I couldn't help but have a mental picture happening in my head while reading your post... welcome to normality. hehe.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-11-2013),jagamoe  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bahahahaha at least no one has eaten each others poop yet. That's when you know you are having a great day.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-11-2013),JR03  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why is it I laugh when things like this happen to dads but sympathise with other mums? I must be a terrible person.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-11-2013),jagamoe  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meags82 View Post
    Bahahahaha at least no one has eaten each others poop yet. That's when you know you are having a great day.
    Well .... Dear wife decided it was good to give Tom Tom some nappy free time. I do t like that. We have chocolate brown carpet with swirls of other brown and creamy orange.

The next day I'm caring for the 4 alone including 1 yr old granddaughter Nessy when she comes down the hall eating a chocolate biscuit. I'm thinking 'where did that come from, must be weeks old and found it in some crevice that the kids put it in'

She has chocolate on her face, between her tooth (as she only has one upper tooth) and in her fingers. When she goes to throw it on the floor and it sticks to her finger I suddenly remember Tom Tom's nappy free time the day before ....

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwww I'm glad it's not only my crazy family that have ewwwwww moments. When I was TT our oldest at 2ish our almost 1 year old used to try to play in the accidents so I quickly learnt to grab both the wet/poopy one and the clean one for change times

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're a brave man, Dave. I'll have 2 get DH on here for you to share stories with - he only has one at home now.

BTW I don't think any if us like handling poo explosions - I thought you did brilliantly. I start stressing and yelling ...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsd For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
    You're a brave man, Dave. I'll have 2 get DH on here for you to share stories with - he only has one at home now.

BTW I don't think any if us like handling poo explosions - I thought you did brilliantly. I start stressing and yelling ...
    That would be good ... Another bloke. Mind you being surrounded by women is not a bad thing. Well so long as I am careful what I say, how and where I look and what I'm wearing lol.

I once thought is never change a poo bum. That's gotta be the second time I was wrong in my life

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    U are doing so well and your sense is humor will get you through the day. Funny as. Xxx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Funnels For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (14-11-2013)