+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default CHILD CARE REBATE (Not Ccb)

Hi mummas & daddas and caregivers around the bub bub family,

just wondering if anyone knows how I claim child care rebate.

my daughter goes to a community preschool that gives me receipts that have "child care rebate" receipts and said I claim them by using the receipts to give to centrelink, judging by their website it says I should get back 50% of out of pocket expenses? But doesn't say how to claim!!!

jist wondering if anyone knows how I make a claim with the ones I've got since January and how long it takes centrelink to pay this to my account? Thanks

im in not talking about child care benifet, but just CCR

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are you sure you are not claiming the ccb through reduced fees? If you call the family assistance office they will tell you what to do. Some are even co located with medicare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did today, after a 40 minute wait I hung up as it was off the mobile, il try again tomorrow night,

No, that's why I'm confused because child care benifit doesn't apply to her pre school as they do not have reduced fees, but with the child care rebate I can claim X amount back with the original receipts apparently,

Just seems tricky to do so I've saved them all year and was hoping I could get it sorted before the next year. Thanks for your help anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had to ring Centrelink to apply through them, and make sure the school (it's pre-prep so qualifies) sends through her attendance records to Centrelink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told by centrelink that I had to apply for the CCB to be registered for CCR and can all be done inline you just need to know your Customer Reference Number for centrelink. I haven't done it yet though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah you apply for the CCB first, get a zero rate if you're not eligible and then the CCR gets processed. I'm not eligible for the CCB as I earn too much, but had to apply anyway. Then they processed my CCR. I gave the centre details direct to centrelink. Then when my daycare sends in my daughters attendance records, I get my rebate every fortnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini85 View Post
    Yeah you apply for the CCB first, get a zero rate if you're not eligible and then the CCR gets processed. I'm not eligible for the CCB as I earn too much, but had to apply anyway. Then they processed my CCR. I gave the centre details direct to centrelink. Then when my daycare sends in my daughters attendance records, I get my rebate every fortnight.
    This. Ring centrelink or go to Medicare.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app