+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Second pregnancy, previous miscarriage. Being Paranoid!

Hi there

My husband and I discovered that we are yet again pregnant which we are both so incredibly excited about however the last pregnancy (approx 1 year ago) ended in a MC at about 4 weeks. LMP 1/10/13 (very long cycle of 36 days) but I ov'd on the 24th of October so I believe I am around 5 weeks (3125 Hcg level as at Monday). Last Thursday (7th nov) I was due for my period and since then I have had some very mild red/brown spotting which happens once per day after I use the bathroom and only when I wipe (sorry for the details). I haven't been having any cramping... My breasts get shooting pains and are sensitive, I have low blood pressure, feel lightheaded at times and either have no appetite or am ridiculously starving the next minute. I've been told these are all great signs but am so nervous and concerned about the bleeding because it shouldn't be happening. I've read that it could be due to intercourse but I have been too scared to do that and my period should have finished by now (if I weren't pregnant). I had another blood test today so should have another Hcg reading by tomorrow I'm just praying it has doubled. I would love to hear if anyone else has experienced something similar as I would feel so much better knowing that I do have some hope this time around....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bleeding during early pregnancy is surprisingly common. It's so hard not to panic I know (I've had 2 m/c myself), but try not to worry. Did u bring it up with Ur dr at all?

Me + He =
    DD1, DD2, DD3 & bun in the oven due May 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had bleeding for 10 days straight.
    Mostly brown with a day with pink/red.
    Bub still plodding along all good at 11 weeks. I had it with my previous pregnancies as well & it gets worse with each pregnancy.

I get it when my period would be due roughly. I think of it as like break thru bleeding.

Your hcg levels are very good

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel for you. Mc is by far the most emotional and worst experience ever. Yes I did bring it up and she mentioned it could be breakthrough bleeding due to hormones (being near my period) and wasn't concerned as the bleeding was very minimal and not going on my panties. She has asked me to have my Hcg levels checked today and Friday to make sure they are doubling. I get the results tomorrow morning so I am just praying they go up to around 6000. If it was a MC you would think that by now it would start to reduce?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much this makes me feel so much better! I thought the levels were pretty good considering how far I am so all I can do is hope it keeps going up and the bleeding subsides. I hope it is just the breakthrough bleeding!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If your dr isn't too concerned I would try not to worry (it's easier said than done I know). Everything sounds really positive, I hope the next blood test eases your mind a bit. Sending massive hugs xo

Me + He =

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently pregnant (29 weeks) after a mc last year. I was very paranoid for the first trimester. I spoke to my doctor about this and he was really good about it. I had blood tests every two days to measure progesterone and hcg. I also had an ultrasound every 2 weeks until 13 weeks. I saw a counselor until I was 13 weeks to help me deal with my worry.

I still worry now but thankfully with bub kicking my worrying has reduced by a great deal.

Thinking of you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSD View Post
    I feel for you. Mc is by far the most emotional and worst experience ever. Yes I did bring it up and she mentioned it could be breakthrough bleeding due to hormones (being near my period) and wasn't concerned as the bleeding was very minimal and not going on my panties. She has asked me to have my Hcg levels checked today and Friday to make sure they are doubling. I get the results tomorrow morning so I am just praying they go up to around 6000. If it was a MC you would think that by now it would start to reduce?
    I had a mc in April and had spotting pretty much from implantation ( day 24 of my cycle )
    I had brown bleeding/spotting but it was much heavier from day 1, I had cramps & it got worse very quickly-I mc by 5 weeks.
    My hcg levels were extremely low I think 50 was my highest.
    It was very very different from the bleeding/spotting I had this time plus my hcg levels were thru the roof this time.

It is extremely frustrating as you tend to think that bleeding = bad but for me it seems to be normal.

I never got it with my dd just ds x 2. If this bub is a boy I'll put it down to that's how my body is with male bubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news is my HCG went from 3125 to 5201 in 2 days and today is the first day I haven't had any bleeding. Also starting to get the strong waves of nausea. Happy days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Fantastic news

Me + He =