+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Christmas Traditions!

Christmas is one of my favourite times of year where everyone we love comes together ☺️ I want to pass on the joys and happiness that Christmas bring to our family and have our own traditions as this is DD first Christmas.
    I would love to hear of any traditions and special times you have each year at Christmas with your family and friends!

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a few traditions, but my favorite would have to be picking our Christmas tree, every year we go to a local Christmas tree farm to choose our tree, its lots of fun and the kids love it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Watching the carols all together on Xmas eve and eating lots!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Watching the carols with some gingerbread and eggnog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quietlyhopeful View Post
    Watching the carols with some gingerbread and eggnog.
    Where do you get eggnog from? I've never had it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually make it, but last year I bought a carton from the supermarket (I was pregnant and couldn't have raw egg). If you've never had it then the supermarket stuff is probably the way to go. Traditionally you mix brandy through it, but you can put pretty much any alcohol (I like kahlua) or have it plain. Serve warm or cold, sprinkle the top with nutmeg and you're ready to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Xmas growing up was amazing- we have a MASSIVE family (we are all breeders lol). Xmas eve I was allowed to open 1 present. Xmas day we had the immediate family for breakfast, then lunch time the extended family would come round and there would be about 50 people in our backyard. Festivities continued on into the night. Boxing Day everyone would slowly turn up again a little worse for wear, all us kids would be running riot in the yard. The men would all go to the park and play their annual Boxing Day cricket match while trying not to throw up because they were so hung over.

These days, it's a lot less full on. DH and I travel to my mums with our kids every Xmas eve for a roast dinner. Xmas day we do the family breakfast and then the kids open their presents and we have lunch (only about 10 of us now because all the cousins etc have married and moved away). Then we all laze around while the kids play. A few drinks that night and reasonably early bed. Boxing Day goes much the same.

Me + He =
    DD1, DD2, DD3 & bun in the oven due May 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My side of the family does Xmas eve midnight mass then we go to mums place for cake and supper with round 1 presents. Get home about 4am.

Our little family has a lazy Xmas day with a mango & prawn salad for lunch and we open Santa's presents. Round 2 presents.

The evening festivities start at 4-5pm and it is held at my place or my aunts. Everyone is invited. Last year we had 36ppl over. Then its a another present fest. So round 3.

Every alt year we are at the in-laws on the farm. They do a big late lunch with just the family.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app