+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well dd3 is showing signs I think

Very interested in watching us eat
    Mimics what we are doing to a degree
    Loves sitting in her high chair while we are eating dinner or any meal
    Can hold herself up pretty good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did 4.5 months. They stared at me eating as if they wanted some, and it was difficult to deny them.

I just started with apple and only once or twice initially.

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can start from 4. My mum started as at 3 months. Thats wat they used to do. Our bub is so interested we starting her at 3.5months. Shes 4 months now and loves her food so far.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    People think introducing solids is a milestone like crawling or talking, as in 'wow my (tiny young) baby just had solids, what an achievement'. It's really quite different, you give food for nutrition, not as something you 'achieve'.

The World Health Organisation advocates introduction of solids at 6 months (though in recent years immunologists have suggested solids from 4 months can decrease allergies - the scientific community jury is still out on this one).

And as pp mentioned, no need to start with rice cereal, just go straight to normal yummy food!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellyfishie For This Useful Post:

dee1  (27-11-2013)

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A chunk of ripe avocado is always good or a piece of watermelon.
    Steamed veges are great - broccoli florets (ds2 absolutely devours these) sweet potato fingers, carrot fingers etc
    Banana
    Scrambled eggs
    Chops
    Ribs
    Shanks
    The last three are just good to gnaw on to keep them entertained whilst you finish your own dinner lol

They are all great to start with especially if your nervous about BLW as they are all really soft and don't require much chewing. You could move on to toast/sandwiches when you and bubs feel more confident.

There are no rules with food, just use common sense (if your family has allergies maybe avoid a particular food for awhile) and enjoy it.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    Lost our little squirt 20/11/13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Allergy experts recommend between 4 and 6 months and many health professionals no longer recommend rice cereal as it's a refined carb and basically metabolized like sugar- there's no benefit to it. My little one was about 5 months and started with steamed pumpkin

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub was 5 months and I gave puréed pear

Thanks
    Reviews
    My youngest has only really started eating in the last few weeks. She's 8 months tomorrow.
    I'm just giving her lots of steamed veg and fruit in chunks,
    Last edited by faroutbrusselsprout; 26-11-2013 at 05:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My youngest we started at 4 months. He has severe reflux and after exhausting all other options and him being on the max dose of medication for his size, we tried rice cereal and pears. Best thing we ever did for him, he went from screaming non stop all day long to being the happiest baby.

All babies are different, I wouldnt start before 4 months personally and I do prefer BLW but we're just doing what is best for DS3, which is solids. He is 5.5 months now and on 3 meals a day. I was a pretty big advocate for starting at 6 months and doing BLW, I fought my son's Paed but in the end its saved our sanity and made him so much happier.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd was recommened solids at 3.5 months for her reflux and weight loss. She would scream!! So I just went okay shes not ready! Tried again at 5 months. She has a mix of blw and purees mainly because shes a horrible sleeper if I dont give her purees she will not sleep :/ shes still having trouble gaining weight. Paed said 1/2 food 3 times a day. I dont tell him I do blw he doesnt like the idea...

Shes not a fan of lots things but I keep persisting

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app