+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree that 5.30-8.30 is too late for a 1st bday.. Won't your bub get tired and ready for bed like an hour into the party??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agree it is too late for a 1st bday!

I would look at a hall / community centre / playgroup that you can hire for a couple of hours during the day on a weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Changing the routine occasionally doesn't hurt...whenever we go out of an evening we always make sure she's rested enough during the day and she tends to cope really well then just falls asleep on the way home. I like routines but you can't keep a routine every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    For DS1' s 1st we invited family and friends that he knew. It was huge and everyone dressed up as a kids character.

We have awesome photos from it and everyone had fun. We did it at lunchtime though, in between his naps.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

May baby  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by May baby View Post
    I don't want the hassle at home either

I really want to do the play centre, I'm just worried that starting at 5 for a 1st birthday is a bit late?
    Maybe they do Sundays instead and the times are earlier??

Sorry, you didn't mention whether it had to be in a sat or sun.

Agree it might be a bit late but also think it depends on the ages of the other kids who are invited..

Eg if they're all 1, then it's a no go. But maybe if they're older it could be ok.

I know my friends with older kids wouldn't mind, but yes those with babies probably would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All I can offer is: get the damn thing catered! And finger foods are best, esp with kids around. Don't forget the juice; none of that water drinking business at a 1st birthday party. (I forgot the juice and have yet to live it down. )

Quote Originally Posted by May baby View Post
    Changing the routine occasionally doesn't hurt...whenever we go out of an evening we always make sure she's rested enough during the day and she tends to cope really well then just falls asleep on the way home. I like routines but you can't keep a routine every day.
    If you're inviting many children the same age as your bub, they may not be as adaptable to changes in their routines! Personally, for a 1st birthday party that late, I wouldn't go - I know DS is an absolute nightmare if he doesn't get to bed before a certain time. From experience, most one year olds are not good with bedtime routine changes, even for a party.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of the kids are older with a few 1 year olds. Can be on a Saturday or a Sunday but they can't change the times.

Might just take the risk and settle for a park.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think the time is great for a 1st birthday.
    I would look at other options- like others have suggested- community halls. A lot of community halls will have both indoor and outdoor areas so if weather is not good stick indoors, if its good then the kids can run around outside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like it will be great fun! With that many people, I would consider an 'enclosed' venue rather than a park so you the adults can relax a little more while the kids are playing in an enclosed area, whether its a room at a club or hall or playcentre. I have done parties that big at home with lots of adults and kids- I ordered 100 helium balloons and other decorations, DH took care of all the drinks/ icebuckets etc and the best thing was that I hired a warming oven, so all the food (mainly finger foods of all varieties) were prepped before the party started so I didn't spend time in the kitchen. Also, I had all the cold platters ready in the fridge and I roped in a few helpers to pass them around, so it can be done! Preparation is the key! Whatever you decide, it will be great.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

May baby  (14-11-2013)