+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Constantly thirsty

I'd love to know what everyone thinks about my constant thirst! It's been going on for about 4 weeks now (I'm 14 weeks) and I end up drinking about 4-5 litres a day.

I've always made sure I've been well hydrated pre-pregnancy (about 3 litres) but lately it doesn't matter how much water I drink, I can't quench the thirst.

The doctors and midwives aren't concerned and say that it's normal to drink more during this part of the pregnancy.

I never drink coffee and have stopped any soft drinks (apart from an occasional soda water). I add hydralyte to one of my drinks (I drink out of the same 750mL bottle and just keep refilling throughout the day) to make sure I'm getting all my necessary salts and not just flushing it all out.

Diabetes or kidney problems don't run in the family and the doctor doesn't seem concerned at all after my bloods were done.

Is anyone else finding this throughout their pregnancies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was the same early in my preg it did ease up at some point, sorry can't remember when!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear ya!! I'm 16.5 weeks and am constantly thirsty too!! Drinking so much more water than I used too pre pregnancy. I add hydralyte tabs occasionaly and find this really helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes this is happening with me too and it happened with previous pregnancies also.