+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is imitation the highest form of flattery?

Deleted
    Last edited by dee1; 14-11-2013 at 05:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depends on what the idea is copied for and whether it is truly my idea.
    If someone attempts to take credit for something I have done, I get annoyed and I do something about it. Other than that, if they want to follow me, good luck to them - lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    as pp said...I only get annoyed if someone takes credit for something I have worked hard for... as for the name - meh. who cares, My dd has a very unique name too and if anyone wants to use it, then go for it..

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Happens often. But i dont mind. The more people i convert to being a weirdo geek like me the better.

Takin' over the world *fist pump*

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

sockstealingpoltergeist  (13-11-2013),~ElectricPink~  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think imitation isn't a form of flattery, I think it's people that can't think for themselves and I find it annoying when people copy others.

We have a neighbour that lives behind us that seems to copy what we do.
    For example: we have black shade sail posts, next minute he paints his black, we put rocks in our backyard, next thing we note he does the same thing with the exact same type of rock, dh welded and made our clothes line and the next thing the neighbour made one similar. And so on! We thought it was coincidental at first but now we realise the neighbour just can't think for himself because it's happened with too many things. Annoying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think I'd agree with your grandmother. It doesn't bother me at all .. I often get inspiration from elsewhere myself. I'm all about sharing though and it my idea or way of doing things benefits another I think that's great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It depends what it is I guess. If someone started wearing the exact same thing as me, then I might think it was strange. But me and my friend have similar taste, so often we will buy the same things without each other knowing the other has bought the same thing. So I don't mind at all.

Regarding names, names are names and there will always be other people with using the same name, even if it is unusual now, it is the nature of the beast. Liam was unheard of 20 years ago and now they are everywhere.

There are definitely times when it crosses the line, especially if you are talking creative stuff. But other than that, it doesn't bother me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It depends. Sme things are fine.

However I had a friend who was trying to have the same hair/clothes/shoes etc and more. It got ridiculous, so I had to distance myself. I mean I know I'm awesome and all, but ... SRSLY it got freaky stalkerish, to the point that I would tell her a story about something that had happened to me and I'd later overhear her telling someone else the same story except as if it was her. WEIRDO

Thanks
    Reviews
    When someone copies something personal it bothers the sh*t out of me actually. I used to have a friend who would recycle things I have said to her in conversations and act as if they had thought it in the first place and I found that highly irritating

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    It depends. Sme things are fine.

However I had a friend who was trying to have the same hair/clothes/shoes etc and more. It got ridiculous, so I had to distance myself. I mean I know I'm awesome and all, but ... SRSLY it got freaky stalkerish, to the point that I would tell her a story about something that had happened to me and I'd later overhear her telling someone else the same story except as if it was her. WEIRDO
    That's a tad creepy