+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Paleo eating

So I saw a article today about this women who started on a paleo diet after being sick and how healthy she is now. So after a year of horrible luck with health this year I think this is just what my little family need so as of Sunday we will be paleo people. Does anyone out there who is on or been on this diet have any tips? And how good is it for weightloss? I figured if I manage to lose some weight while getting everyone healthy then that is a bonus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Check out
    marks daily apple
    paleo hacks podcast

I feel a lot clearer and much more energised eating paleo. I've slipped lately and noticed how lethargic and grumpy I am especially in the afternoon.

Paleo has a lot of variations from Puritan paleos to a more relaxed version like mark sisson, I recommend reading marks daily apple website to get you started. Get a good understanding of what paleo means for you and what you can manage initially. True paleo is really only veggies and protein, no dairy or grains etc... Right down to pastured meat only no grain fed or finished animals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Irchy View Post
    Paleo eating ... I want to try it.
    Yes me too. I have spent the last 2 days researching and decided to go for it. I told DH and the kids to get their last fill of crap food Saturday because I am doing a overhaul of our pantry and fridge and starting Sunday we are paleo people even if they just give it a months trial and if they don't feel better I will go back to their old diet and do it alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go with changing diet? Do u feel better? I've been looking at this, however am waiting until Xmas & New Yrs has been & gone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What do you eat for breakfast?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My husband and I did paleo for a while this year and plan to re-start after Xmas. It helped me kick that last bit of baby weight I was carrying and we felt really good. The initial 'detox' that it inevitably induces was hard for a few days and after that it was great!

For breakfast you can do bacon and eggs (no toast), banana egg and almondmeal pancakes, sweet potato 'hashbrowns', paleo nut and almondmeal cookies.

I found lunches and dinner were easier, just making minor changes to 'normal' meals. I.e. take the noodles out of my stir fry and replace with sliced bamboo shoots and cashews.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did it for a few weeks but have been derailed with all the Christmas parties. We felt great had more energy lost a little weight and my skin was clearer then normal. For breakfast i usually had fruit salad or fruit smoothie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Check out lola berry I love her and her recipes are yum!!!! Some are free on her website.

She does a 20/20 diet

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got some of my smoothie and fruit breakfast ideas from following #lonijane on Instagram