+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fertility doctors?????

My partner and I are currently in the process of using fertility treatment as we are a same sex couple. My question is has anyone seen Professor Bruce Dunphy through Bubtree in Brisbane?

What are your thoughts on him? Negative or positive?

Our last meeting with him left me a little disappointed, he didn't tell us our test results just that I'm low in iron and vit d but didn't specifically say how low or anything. He also told us not to come back until my levels were up to normal and stable, I get why but it just seemed rude how he said it. For $135 to tell me that, I was a little annoyed, could he not have spoken over the phone about that. Then as we were waiting to see the counsellor he was speaking rudely to the receptionist.

What are your thoughts? Am I being petty?

Is there anyone else you would recommend in Brisbane?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw Prof Dunphy last year & found him very professional but very clinical, not very compassionate. I only saw him because I had always been with Monash IVF. I had a miscarriage at 20 weeks & have since transferred my frosties to City Fertility Clinic Sunnybank. I highly recommend Dr NG he is fantastic. Good luck with your journey 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No experience with Dr Dunphy, but if your not happy with him, find someone else. Infertility is a tough road, I think it's important that you like & feel comfortable with your doctor.

I was with Dr Julie Lindstrom at CFC and I love her, she is so kind & supportive. She also gave us our beautiful daughter on our first IVF attempt! She speaks highly of her receptionists (told me if they left she would have to close the clinic) & of the CFC nurses & scientists.

I was also deficient in iron & vit D, she gave me supps to take, it didn't slow down my treatment at all.

Best of luck on your journey to motherhood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    2mummies, I have sent you a PM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies, I'm the type of person who can't relax around people who I don't click with which I think will hinder the whole process.

If we were to change clinics would we have to do the counselling all over again or can we continue with that until we get approval from her then transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I doubt you would have to start again, maybe just call & ask.