Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    $49 a bottle at costco. We bought 20.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThreePeasPlease For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If she's a SB drinker I'd get her a nice one of those. Unless, of course, you know she likes bubbles as well.

I'd probably also choose a nice sparkling wine from Australia or NZ over a NV champagne. For some - inexplicable - reason I find a nice bottle of local sparkling rather than a random Moët or Veuve much more personal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Or you could get a nice vintage Australian sparkling.
    Jansz do a nice sparkling and we bought vintages a few times and they were yummy.

Eliza is nice sparkling too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    If she's a SB drinker I'd get her a nice one of those. Unless, of course, you know she likes bubbles as well.

I'd probably also choose a nice sparkling wine from Australia or NZ over a NV champagne. For some - inexplicable - reason I find a nice bottle of local sparkling rather than a random Moët or Veuve much more personal.
    Cool thanks. I've actually bought her about a $20 bottle of Marlborough Sav blanc at the end of each of the 3 terms so I was going to get her something different. Maybe I should just go a whole different route - I dunno what though?!!! I've only really been given chocolate as a teacher and we also gave her chocolate for Easter and world teachers day!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Close to Xmas they sometimes release the Veuve Rose in a reusable bottle cooler bag. This is what I bought some of my children teachers as gift last year.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    Close to Xmas they sometimes release the Veuve Rose in a reusable bottle cooler bag. This is what I bought some of my children teachers as gift last year.
    Yep, that's the one my boss got me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Champagne - all the way.

Much more special. It's coming all the way from France so it's a little bit precious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Cool thanks. I've actually bought her about a $20 bottle of Marlborough Sav blanc at the end of each of the 3 terms so I was going to get her something different. Maybe I should just go a whole different route - I dunno what though?!!! I've only really been given chocolate as a teacher and we also gave her chocolate for Easter and world teachers day!!
    It's a tough one - it's not like SBs ever get terribly expensive so even if you are buying a top end one it's not usually as expensive as champagne. So it mightn't seem as 'occasiony'.

If you are going to spend $100 though definitely talk to the people at the bottle shop and try to get something a bit special and personal. Bubbles or not!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I bought a friend a little 'six pack' of Moet and they were well received, I don't even know if they make them in those packs anymore?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What about a wine that requires cellaring? That could be special. Go to a boutique wine shop & you may be able to get something nicely packaged too? We've been gifted a few over the years & whilst there is no instant gratification, we know it will be good when the time comes!