+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF or IUI - Low ovarian reserve and Sperm morpholoy

Hi All,

Dr has suggested for IVF with ICSI due to low ovarian reserve(5) and male sperm morphology is 1%. I want to try two cycles of IUI. Anybody in the forum who has undergone IUI with success based on above female and male conditions?
    Please let me know

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did one IUI cycle with MFI a bit better than yours and my egg reserve good. BFN. It took me 2 cycles of ICSI to have DS and another 5 to get pg again. I know IUI is much cheaper and easier but honestly, it's not very successful with male issues and with egg issues as well, I would really advise saving the $$$ and going straight to IVF/ICSI. This journey is so hard, I wish you the best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. Im interested in this too as my DH has 1% morph also

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were in the same boat without the egg reserve issue and were advised to go straight to ICSI which we did and got pregnant first go. I'm not sure why you would attempt IUI particularly in light of a low reserve. Even IVF wouldn't have a high fertilisation rate with that morphology. Go straight to ICSI for maximum chance of success IMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by me+he&she=three View Post
    We were in the same boat without the egg reserve issue and were advised to go straight to ICSI which we did and got pregnant first go. I'm not sure why you would attempt IUI particularly in light of a low reserve. Even IVF wouldn't have a high fertilisation rate with that morphology. Go straight to ICSI for maximum chance of success IMO
    What % morphology did ur dh have? Thats great to hear it worked first go. How long did u try naturally for before ivf?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to agree with previous posters, if I was in your position I would skip IUI and just go straight to ICSI. My DH was low in count, morphology and motility, so despite there being no problem with my reserve or ovulation it was the best option for us as well (nearly 20 weeks pregnant on the first go!)

IUI does cost less for sure, but if you were to go through multiple cycles without success and then have to go to ICSI anyway I would feel that's such a waste.

Is there any particular reason you want to try IUI first?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did 3 x IUI's all BFN, and am now 14 weeks pregnant after first IVF/ICSI. I wish we had of just gone straight to IVF. Or had only done one. MY FS told me for my age 34, that I had a one in eight chance of IUI working. Where as IVF was almost 50/50. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird1 View Post
    What % morphology did ur dh have? Thats great to hear it worked first go. How long did u try naturally for before ivf?
    We tried for 12 months before going to see someone and getting DH tested. In hindsight we should have gone much sooner because it was a shock to is to be successful straight away after trying for so long using so many different natural methods for TTC. DH morphology is 0.5%!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with all the other ladies to go with IVF with ICSI my DH has mobility and morphology issues and we never even were offered IUI but from all my research IVF /ICSI is the best way to go when dealing with MFI.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (18-11-2013)