Closed Thread
Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #2

Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    That moment when the cot you have had your heart set but cant afford brand new on appears on the buy swap sell page with matching change table for $180.... and you dont get paid for 2 more weeks

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos
    Beg them to hold it?

I know that feeling - I missed out on a city select for $350!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Beg them to hold it?

I know that feeling - I missed out on a city select for $350!
    I did end up asking if she would hold it- and she said yes!! So stoked! Bugger about the City Select

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (21-06-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cant believe after all the effort (& tears) the baby blanket took to make, some of the colour bled when I washed it (in cold water) & now one side looks horrible *cries*. And now im reluctant to wash it again in case it happens again/gets worse so now bubby cant even use it

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Cant believe after all the effort (& tears) the baby blanket took to make, some of the colour bled when I washed it (in cold water) & now one side looks horrible *cries*. And now im reluctant to wash it again in case it happens again/gets worse so now bubby cant even use it

I totally understand why you're upset, but: my mum doesn't have an artistic or crafty cell in her body and she made me a baby blanket. It's awful. I mean, disgusting material, poorly stitched, crooked, asymmetrical. She knows it's awful, but they were poor so used it anyway. I have lived in about 30 houses and I take that thing everywhere with me and probably will until the day I die. It may not have turned out exactly how you want, but it's still stitched with love and memories and excitement, and will always be special because of that.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (21-06-2014),heartstringz  (21-06-2014),Purple Lily  (21-06-2014),VicPark  (21-06-2014),~Marigold~  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I totally understand why you're upset, but: my mum doesn't have an artistic or crafty cell in her body and she made me a baby blanket. It's awful. I mean, disgusting material, poorly stitched, crooked, asymmetrical. She knows it's awful, but they were poor so used it anyway. I have lived in about 30 houses and I take that thing everywhere with me and probably will until the day I die. It may not have turned out exactly how you want, but it's still stitched with love and memories and excitement, and will always be special because of that.
    Thanks so much . Im just not sure if I can let baby use it cause I dont want the colour to bleed every time it gets washed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Exactly this. And I'm sure if you wash it a couple times it will stop running. Don't throw it away.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (21-06-2014),heartstringz  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This story warmed my heart - thanks for sharing

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

harvs  (21-06-2014),~Marigold~  (21-06-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @harvs that has left me with a lump in my throat.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

harvs  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really annoyed at kids menus at restaurants. I don't know why they can't offer almost every item on the menu in a kids size!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

BlackDiamond  (23-06-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Really annoyed at kids menus at restaurants. I don't know why they can't offer almost every item on the menu in a kids size!
    And why does everything have to come with chips?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (22-06-2014)