Closed Thread
Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Only in the country can you ring for a taxi and say 'hi, this is harvs at [my house]. Can I please have a taxi to Woolies?' and they think that means 'can I please have a taxi? I am currently located at Woolies!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dunno why I even still bother trying to learn to drive with you DH - you just get frustrated & then we wind up screaming at each other. No wonder why I never want to go driving. I just cant believe I havent learnt that by now. I guess I just wanted to try & do it for bubby but I just need to accept that its never going to happen

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Dunno why I even still bother trying to learn to drive with you DH - you just get frustrated & then we wind up screaming at each other. No wonder why I never want to go driving. I just cant believe I havent learnt that by now. I guess I just wanted to try & do it for bubby but I just need to accept that its never going to happen

I had that with my ex when I was learning how to drive a manual. Any way at all you can do a couple of pro lessons? My job network providers paid for some for me and it made an enormous difference. Either way. I feel your pain. It sux!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    I had that with my ex when I was learning how to drive a manual. Any way at all you can do a couple of pro lessons? My job network providers paid for some for me and it made an enormous difference. Either way. I feel your pain. It sux!
    Pro lessons are just a waste of money for me, in my experience, unfortunately. Im accepting that I'll have to take bubby everywhere on the bus but it is scary to think about the logistics of all of it. Im sure I'll manage fine though once ive done it a few times.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've waited hours for DD to go to sleep and am dying for a hot bubble bath (by myself for once!) and as soon as I put her down I started running the water..... aaaand there's no friggin hot water!
    Looks like I'll be calling a plumber tomorrow, it's been playing up for days now.
    Gaaaahhh all I want is a nice, warm bath

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why oh why did I buy a $400 mostly white quilt cover with a toddler and 2 dogs who think they own the bed?

It's been destroyed after 2 weeks! (Smacks forehead)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post

:Hugs: I am still learning too. I take 2 kids out on public transport and some days it's difficult but most of the time it is fine

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why is it that the one day dd4 decides to play nice go straight to sleep after her morning feed, I am wide awake and cant sleep?! Every other day she takes a good 2 hours to settle and I cant keep my eyes open but no. Today, when I am actually able to sleep if I want, she settles immediately and I cant for the life of me go to sleep.

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I've waited hours for DD to go to sleep and am dying for a hot bubble bath (by myself for once!) and as soon as I put her down I started running the water..... aaaand there's no friggin hot water!
    Looks like I'll be calling a plumber tomorrow, it's been playing up for days now.
    Gaaaahhh all I want is a nice, warm bath
    Silly question, but I have to mention it because I did it once and called a plumber for no reason. On your hot water system is there a valve and a little tube? You need to put a bucket under the tube and flick the valve. The water should come out of the tube within 30 seconds or so- if it doesn't, that's why you have no water - the tank is empty. Leave the valve on until water starts to come out the tube. Might take a few minutes to start if it is really low. Doing this every few months will keep your water topped up and lasting longer.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Silly question, but I have to mention it because I did it once and called a plumber for no reason. On your hot water system is there a valve and a little tube? You need to put a bucket under the tube and flick the valve. The water should come out of the tube within 30 seconds or so- if it doesn't, that's why you have no water - the tank is empty. Leave the valve on until water starts to come out the tube. Might take a few minutes to start if it is really low. Doing this every few months will keep your water topped up and lasting longer.
    Thanks @CakeyMumma but it was fixed today, a part needed to be replaced and it's now working perfectly. So looking forward to my bubble bath tonight (If DD decides to go to sleep at a decent hour )