Closed Thread
Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 989
  1. #881
    harvs's Avatar
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,997
    Thanks
    6,239
    Thanked
    15,895
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Only in the country can you ring for a taxi and say 'hi, this is harvs at [my house]. Can I please have a taxi to Woolies?' and they think that means 'can I please have a taxi? I am currently located at Woolies!'

  2. #882
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks
    928
    Thanked
    468
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dunno why I even still bother trying to learn to drive with you DH - you just get frustrated & then we wind up screaming at each other. No wonder why I never want to go driving. I just cant believe I havent learnt that by now. I guess I just wanted to try & do it for bubby but I just need to accept that its never going to happen

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  3. #883
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,548
    Thanks
    323
    Thanked
    713
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Dunno why I even still bother trying to learn to drive with you DH - you just get frustrated & then we wind up screaming at each other. No wonder why I never want to go driving. I just cant believe I havent learnt that by now. I guess I just wanted to try & do it for bubby but I just need to accept that its never going to happen

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I had that with my ex when I was learning how to drive a manual. Any way at all you can do a couple of pro lessons? My job network providers paid for some for me and it made an enormous difference. Either way. I feel your pain. It sux!

  4. #884
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    2,408
    Thanks
    928
    Thanked
    468
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    I had that with my ex when I was learning how to drive a manual. Any way at all you can do a couple of pro lessons? My job network providers paid for some for me and it made an enormous difference. Either way. I feel your pain. It sux!
    Pro lessons are just a waste of money for me, in my experience, unfortunately. Im accepting that I'll have to take bubby everywhere on the bus but it is scary to think about the logistics of all of it. Im sure I'll manage fine though once ive done it a few times.

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  5. #885
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've waited hours for DD to go to sleep and am dying for a hot bubble bath (by myself for once!) and as soon as I put her down I started running the water..... aaaand there's no friggin hot water!
    Looks like I'll be calling a plumber tomorrow, it's been playing up for days now.
    Gaaaahhh all I want is a nice, warm bath

  6. #886
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,298
    Thanks
    8,253
    Thanked
    3,945
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why oh why did I buy a $400 mostly white quilt cover with a toddler and 2 dogs who think they own the bed?

    It's been destroyed after 2 weeks! (Smacks forehead)

  7. #887
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,219
    Thanks
    2,842
    Thanked
    1,467
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Dunno why I even still bother trying to learn to drive with you DH - you just get frustrated & then we wind up screaming at each other. No wonder why I never want to go driving. I just cant believe I havent learnt that by now. I guess I just wanted to try & do it for bubby but I just need to accept that its never going to happen

    Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    :Hugs: I am still learning too. I take 2 kids out on public transport and some days it's difficult but most of the time it is fine

    Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

    heartstringz  (16-06-2014)

  9. #888
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,275
    Thanks
    809
    Thanked
    2,399
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why is it that the one day dd4 decides to play nice go straight to sleep after her morning feed, I am wide awake and cant sleep?! Every other day she takes a good 2 hours to settle and I cant keep my eyes open but no. Today, when I am actually able to sleep if I want, she settles immediately and I cant for the life of me go to sleep.

    He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos

  10. #889
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,165
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked
    2,282
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I've waited hours for DD to go to sleep and am dying for a hot bubble bath (by myself for once!) and as soon as I put her down I started running the water..... aaaand there's no friggin hot water!
    Looks like I'll be calling a plumber tomorrow, it's been playing up for days now.
    Gaaaahhh all I want is a nice, warm bath
    Silly question, but I have to mention it because I did it once and called a plumber for no reason. On your hot water system is there a valve and a little tube? You need to put a bucket under the tube and flick the valve. The water should come out of the tube within 30 seconds or so- if it doesn't, that's why you have no water - the tank is empty. Leave the valve on until water starts to come out the tube. Might take a few minutes to start if it is really low. Doing this every few months will keep your water topped up and lasting longer.

  11. #890
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Silly question, but I have to mention it because I did it once and called a plumber for no reason. On your hot water system is there a valve and a little tube? You need to put a bucket under the tube and flick the valve. The water should come out of the tube within 30 seconds or so- if it doesn't, that's why you have no water - the tank is empty. Leave the valve on until water starts to come out the tube. Might take a few minutes to start if it is really low. Doing this every few months will keep your water topped up and lasting longer.
    Thanks @CakeyMumma but it was fixed today, a part needed to be replaced and it's now working perfectly. So looking forward to my bubble bath tonight (If DD decides to go to sleep at a decent hour )


 

Similar Threads

  1. The not so serious vent thread.
    By LoveLivesHere in forum General Chat
    Replies: 892
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 14:34
  2. DH vent thread
    By loodle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-10-2013, 05:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting Education
Providing private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their own home. Sessions are flexible, including everything that hospital based programs cover. Click to find out more!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!