Closed Thread
Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LamaBana82 View Post
    Why is mothers group such a damn competition. Stop trying to force your baby to sit, stand, walk they will do it in their own time!

♥ him + me = you 17/9/13 ♥
    Hehe I am curious as to how one would force a baby? Sounds like a silly thing to do, I agree!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Wobblyhorse, I finally found the manual online! JR seems like I'll have to do that because the manual just says 'pour it onto the clothes'.

Edit: I don't think I can just let our washing machine fill up first - it completely stops & shuts off every time I open the lid & I have to reset it.

God liquid detergent is ridiculous. Like I'm really going to spend forever every day with a bucket of warm water pre-mixing the detergent & then trying to pour the bucket of the stuff into the washing machine with a screaming baby in one hand & no sleep. I seriously don't understand why I can't just chuck the stuff in & turn it on.

Guess I'll just use the powder & hope that the baby isn't allergic to it.

Shame we can't use the MCN's now though, given the amount of money we paid for them (we can't use them with powder because it gets stuck in the nappies & damages them). Hopefully we'll be able to sell them easily given they are brand new.....
    Last edited by heartstringz; 23-05-2014 at 09:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Who knew walking in the rain can cause me to break out in such a sweat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Thanks Wobblyhorse, I finally found the manual online! JR seems like I'll have to do that because the manual just says 'pour it onto the clothes'.

Edit: I don't think I can just let our washing machine fill up first - it completely stops & shuts off every time I open the lid & I have to reset it.

God liquid detergent is ridiculous. Like I'm really going to spend forever every day with a bucket of warm water pre-mixing the detergent & then trying to pour the bucket of the stuff into the washing machine with a screaming baby in one hand & no sleep. I seriously don't understand why I can't just chuck the stuff in & turn it on.

Guess I'll just use the powder & hope that the baby isn't allergic to it.

Shame we can't use the MCN's now though, given the amount of money we paid for them (we can't use them with powder because it gets stuck in the nappies & damages them). Hopefully we'll be able to sell them easily given they are brand new.....
    I use powder with mcn's and it's just fine. The specific mcn nappy detergent is actually powder called rockin green.

I've been told powder is actually better, esp for front loaders as it disperses as it should rather than all at once.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    I use powder with mcn's and it's just fine. The specific mcn nappy detergent is actually powder called rockin green.

I've been told powder is actually better, esp for front loaders as it disperses as it should rather than all at once.
    We have a top loader, but that's interesting to know. We were explictly told when we bought the MCN's not to use powder because some of the flakes often don't desolve properly & can get ingrained in the fabric and can cause allergic reactions/nappy rash & can also damage the fabric over time, which decreases the longevity of the nappies.

Btw is the baby likely to be allergic to regular powder if I use it for at least the clothes & bedding? It's just OMO, but it's not the sensitive version.

Oh yeh & DH what is with never answering your phone when you are at work? In six weeks time or whenever the baby comes I guess you'll be finding out via voicemail. And I guess I'll have to get an ambulance. I thought we discussed this........
    Last edited by heartstringz; 23-05-2014 at 10:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a top loader, but that's interesting to know. We were explictly told when we bought the MCN's not to use powder because some of the flakes often don't desolve properly & can get ingrained in the fabric and can cause allergic reactions/nappy rash & can also damage the fabric over time, which decreases the longevity of the nappies.

Btw is the baby likely to be allergic to regular powder if I use it for at least the clothes & bedding? It's just OMO, but it's not the sensitive version.

Perhaps lux flakes or the like?? But I've been using mcn's for 15 months and not a single problem. Have used both an enviro one and the rockin green.

If worried about either the mcn's or clothes then perhaps just an extra rinse at the end? I never used sensitive powder for DS just our regular one. Plus I use under half of the package recommended amount for all of DS's stuff and I chuck all his nappies/clothes/bedding in together

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh yeh & DH what is with never answering your phone when you are at work? In six weeks time or whenever the baby comes I guess you'll be finding out via voicemail. And I guess I'll have to get an ambulance. I thought we discussed this........
    Yeah I use powder too here with mcns with no issues? Just normal laundry detergent I just use 1/4 to 1/2 regular amount that's the instructions I was given with a couple of brands.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringzn dissolve the powder in maybe 1/2 cup of hot water before you add it to the wash - no powderyness afterward! =)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Made mug cake and forgot to put the sugar in. Pregnant fail...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Made mug cake and forgot to put the sugar in. Pregnant fail...
    Drench it in chocolate or caramel topping?