+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I've since discovered that this is also discouraged at DS's playgroup so I guess it depends on where you go and who you talk to. When I first tried it, he was so upset and it looked so unnatural that I was relieved when I was told not to do it.

You can buy The Natural Parent at your local newsagency but if you have problems, PM me and I'll send you the article.

*The magazine advocates attachment parenting but I am not a true attachment parent because I don't co-sleep or baby wear but they have some very good articles and they facilitate my thinking.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Caviar For This Useful Post:

CatesBean  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've never heard of not doing tummy time. As I said mine where all early. DS2 the earliest. Sitting there with his head up at 2 weeks...(beating his sister by a week) looked about weird actually!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

CatesBean  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ap
    Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    ds used to fall asleep on dh or my tummy. He learnt to lift his head that way. Was doing so from 6 weeks. He had a very strong neck from day dot!
    He hates tummy time on the floor though, always has. Only just started to crawl at 10mths old and cries about it! He prefers to stand and cruise along the furniture.

See what your MCHN says, she might give you some specific exercises/play to do with him.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beefie For This Useful Post:

CatesBean  (15-11-2013),Caviar  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies everyone

The CHN wasn't too worried and also pointed out that he has a larger then average head. (got to put all the brains somewhere is guess!)

She said to come back at 6 months if he still hasn't worked it out and/or isn't rolling atleast one way or the other. He has pretty strong legs and loves being held 'standing up' and has reasonably good head control then

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Tummy time doesn't necessarily mean lying a baby on a rug on their tummy on the floor. It's about getting the baby's neck muscles working which can be achieved many ways. You can carry them around on your forearm (tummy to forearm), hold them upright, lay a rolled up towel under their chest when they are on their tummy, etc. When they are laying on their back hold their hands and gently bring them forward so baby then moves into a seated position. I used to put DD in her cot on her tummy after every nappy change for the minute or so it took to wash my hands. Worked a treat!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

CatesBean  (15-11-2013)