+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 15 week old not lifting head during tummy time

Should I be worried?

He doesn't hate tummy time at all and will turn his head either right or left but then he will just lie there with his head on the floor.

I've tried rattling toys above his head and popping a rolled up towel underneath his chest area. Is there anything else I can do to help him?!

He can support his head when you pick him up and carry him around but is a little wobbly. Is he just being lazy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry can't help mine were super early..it does seem a little late though...what does he do if he's on your tummy...like tummy to tummy? Does he look at you?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

CatesBean  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My twins are that age (corrrected) and not doing it either. They hate tummy time so that doesn't help. They are starting to do leg action lifting their butts, bending knees, but still not lifting head or using arm strength. I'm not stressed though. They'll get there. Can't spend their whole lives laying around!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

CatesBean  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, you shouldn't be worried. I was advised against tummy time for my little one on the basis that it was not sound practice (eg. an unnatural posture for the child and not indicative of having any developmental benefits).

There is a fantastic article on this in this month's Natural Parent magazine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was advised against tummy time for my little one on the basis that it was not sound practice (eg. an unnatural posture for the child and not indicative of having any developmental benefits). So my kids never got tummy time and they developed just fine without it.

However, if you do have concerns, of course see your GP.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Caviar For This Useful Post:

CatesBean  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Sorry can't help mine were super early..it does seem a little late though...what does he do if he's on your tummy...like tummy to tummy? Does he look at you?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    He does tummy to tummy with DH (my big boobs get in the way!) and will lift his head a little bit but is still just happy to lie there mostly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT256 View Post
    My twins are that age (corrrected) and not doing it either. They hate tummy time so that doesn't help. They are starting to do leg action lifting their butts, bending knees, but still not lifting head or using arm strength. I'm not stressed though. They'll get there. Can't spend their whole lives laying around!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yeah he is busy waving his legs around when he is on his tummy and if you pop your hand behind a foot he will try to push off a bit! I can just imagine him still dragging his head on the floor at 21, lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by CatesBean; 12-11-2013 at 21:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    I was advised against tummy time for my little one on the basis that it was not sound practice (eg. an unnatural posture for the child and not indicative of having any developmental benefits). So my kids never got tummy time and they developed just fine without it.

However, if you do have concerns, of course see your GP.
    Wow, ok, not heard that before. I've not seen natural parent mag before, do you know where I can buy a copy?

We have his 3/4 month check with the CHN tomorrow so am I going to bring it up then and see what she thinks. Sometimes I feel that they can be a bit meh on some issues though so thanks for your help everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Caviar, it won't let me quote now for some reason - Wow, ok, not heard that before. I've not seen natural parent mag before, do you know where I can buy a copy?

We have his 3/4 month check with the CHN tomorrow so am I going to bring it up then and see what she thinks. Sometimes I feel that they can be a bit meh on some issues though so thanks for your help everyone