+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    What can I do with beef snitzel pieces? It's like a long steak piece I usually cut up for stir fry. Could I use it in red thai curry u think?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I can't see why not?? I've never cooked with any kind of schnitzel though so I may not be the best person to reply.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

ProudMumma34  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I tried to make a sausage curry last night. It was a big fail so the kids had tinned spaghetti and dh had noodles :-( having a BBQ for dinner tonight. Sticking to things I know how to cook from now on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by our3boys View Post
    Well I tried to make a sausage curry last night. It was a big fail so the kids had tinned spaghetti and dh had noodles :-( having a BBQ for dinner tonight. Sticking to things I know how to cook from now on.
    Oh bugger!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg! Dh pay got missed so now we can't pay the rent we are behind on today. I was going to take the kids to see their great grandpa today but have to save all our petrol for dh to get to college & work. Cant afford to get anything more than $1 loaf bread & $2 milk. Haven't been this poor in a long time!!! Hopefully both of our pays still go in sometime this week

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I can't see why not?? I've never cooked with any kind of schnitzel though so I may not be the best person to reply.
    I usually make stir fry with it but want a change so I'm going to make thai red curry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blissfulfairy View Post
    Omg! Dh pay got missed so now we can't pay the rent we are behind on today. I was going to take the kids to see their great grandpa today but have to save all our petrol for dh to get to college & work. Cant afford to get anything more than $1 loaf bread & $2 milk. Haven't been this poor in a long time!!! Hopefully both of our pays still go in sometime this week

Oh no!!! Well if you can get milk and bread I am happy to help you think of cooking ideas if you are stuck. What a horrible situation. Hope his pay comes through quickly!!

Thanks
    Reviews

That sucks its one of my fears nit paying rent on time or not having enough for rent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankfully we rent off the inlaws so we have it a bit easier.. but I still HATE this feeling of not paying rent on time. Atleast we won't get penalised.

We have food.. might not be exactly what we feel like but we certainly won't starve. (See my stocktake in previous post)

Dh just said he got $5 tip last night. It's not much but it's something! Going to keep it aside though incase our pays don't hit this week we can do another milk / bread top up. My dad will bring us over some eggs from his farm at some point too :-)

ETA: kids have an online savings account with afew hundred but it takes 3 days to clear anyway so we just have to soldier on!

Typical that ALL of the money coming to us is delayed at the same time lol. Also my parenting payment cut out last week (well I got $30 lol) coz I'm back at work... which is fine, but I didn't expect it to happen so quickly so wasn't prepared. All our bills still got paid bar rent and my court payment from my car accident overdrew our acc when it came out this morning coz obviously dh pay wasn't in there. We'll be right

Last edited by blissfulfairy; 19-11-2013 at 08:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone got a tried & tested bread recipe?? I have flours and yeast etc ao might try and make my own!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone got a tried & tested bread recipe?? I have flours and yeast etc ao might try and make my own!

I don't have a bread recipe but I can tell you the pizza dough recipe I always use if you want it. Also if you look up best recipes or taste websites you can look one up and read reviews.