+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    Ive got a big box of rice bubbles to use up! Any ideas on something cheap quick and easy? Im thinking some sort of slice
    Rice bubble bars, they're like homemade LCM's. Melt 125g butter, 3tbl honey, 1/2cup brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes. Have 4 cups rice bubbles in a large heatproof bowl, then pour in liquid, stir in quickly! Then tip into a greased and baking paper lined slice tin, pressing it down so it's firm. Leave to cool. Cut into pieces. Yum yum. I make this all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cool just saw this thread, good idea.. I have a few very ripe bananas in my fridge, I am thinking about making banana bread, but apart from that what else could I do with them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummbearPapabearNCubs View Post
    Cool just saw this thread, good idea.. I have a few very ripe bananas in my fridge, I am thinking about making banana bread, but apart from that what else could I do with them?
    Yum I love banana bread! Or you could make muffins.
    You could also use them in smoothies, you can peel and freeze them, I break them up into halves/thirds, store in a snaplock bag in the freezer and pop afew pieces into a smoothie. I do the same with close-to-it's-useby yoghurt, and bruised strawberries. All into the freezer, then all into the smoothie together.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

MummbearPapabearNCubs  (12-11-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops! Sorry! That was DS.
    Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks TB&M,

Just about to put together our Mexican meal for tonight.

Nothing spent today.

I've enjoyed the challenge and I have to say that we have still been eating quite healthily.

I'm actually thinking of doing a shop for my normal budget next week and then repeating the challenge the week after.

Any $$$ I am successful in saving will go towards boring car repairs. But hey, it's good to have the money there for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make bliss balls with rice bubbles in them to add crunch. I just blend dates and sultanas with some honey and cocoa or cacao until it is really blended and sticky, then mix in rice bubbles. Roll them into balls with either cacao/cocoa or coconut. Store in the fridge. Quick and easy for an arvo snack!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The 4 ingredients recipe books are pretty good, and they have a Facebook page which they share recipes daily... It helps you use the things your already have at home. You can also go online to their website they have recipes on there which make use of pantry items. Best of all they are yummy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mumtobe36yo For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    With the rice bubbles why not make a batch of white Christmas to get in the mood. Or chocolate crackles.im on my phone so to lazy to type out recipes but google should bring them up.

With the sweet potato puree ive used it in soups and also risotto instead of pumpkins.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app