+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I've so envious of all of these home grown veggies and chicken eggs!!
    Me too! I'm so not a green thumb and im scared of chickens

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH has recently had weight loss surgery and I've become very good at cooking only what we'll eat plus using the freezer more & our food bill has gone down bu $100-$200 a fortnight

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I need help. I need to do shopping and my fridge has minimal food in it as does my pantry. The freezer has steak, diced bacon pieces and fish in it as well as minimal peas, corn and beans. The fridge has cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum, celery, zucchini, snow peas, broccoli, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, Greek yogurt, lettuce, various sauces. my cupboard has rice, pasta shells, s r flour, corn flour, small tin of crushed tomatoes, tin of cream chicken soup And pumpkin soup. Jar of sweet and sour sauce. Lots of eggs, potatoes, garlic and onions. The stuff in the fridge has minimal amounts of everything.

Any ideas? I also have lots of different spices I can use. I just feel like something tasty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I need help. I need to do shopping and my fridge has minimal food in it as does my pantry. The freezer has steak, diced bacon pieces and fish in it as well as minimal peas, corn and beans. The fridge has cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum, celery, zucchini, snow peas, broccoli, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, Greek yogurt, lettuce, various sauces. my cupboard has rice, pasta shells, s r flour, corn flour, small tin of crushed tomatoes, tin of cream chicken soup And pumpkin soup. Jar of sweet and sour sauce. Lots of eggs, potatoes, garlic and onions. The stuff in the fridge has minimal amounts of everything.

Any ideas? I also have lots of different spices I can use. I just feel like something tasty.
    Fried rice using the bacon, veg and rice.
    Beef stew.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MayoBean For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Mostly for tonight because I really cant be bothered going to the shop today. But I also like to try and empty out my fridge and cupboards before I do my shopping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by MayoBean View Post
    Fried rice using the bacon, veg and rice.
    Beef stew.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Dp asked for fried rice the other day and that reminds me I think I have some frozen roast pork in the freezer! That's high on the list of possibilities!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Do you want ideas for just dinner tonight? or for longer?

Stir Fry with steak, brocolli, snowpeas, whatever other veg takes your fancy.

Pasta sauce with bacon, celery, carrot, tin of tomatoes.

Steak and salad

Fish and chips and salad

Fried rice with cabbage, celery, bacon, egg, peas, corn, beans and whatever other veg takes your fancy.

As a side dish, potato pancakes - grated potato, mix with flour and a eggs to make a pancake consistency, approx 1 egg and a few tablespoons of flour per potato. Fry pancakes in hot oil.
    Potato cakes are a good idea because dd1 needs a few snack things for school and she is starting to get fussy and only wanting packaged, high sugar foods. I could add a few vegetables to it too.

We have had protein, salad and/or chips a fair bit lately and if I mention that at the moment dp cringes.

I guess I get so used to doing the same things over and over that I forget about the other things that are simple yet tasty that I can make like the pancakes and fried rice.

This thread is great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Oh yum. I would have the roast.
    I only have a couple slices that were left over from a roastbut perfect amount for fried rice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post

I read the other day you can make pumpkins scones out the pumpkin soup and sr flour.

Greek yogurt and sr flour makes a great scroll base or pizza base.

Mini quiches
    whole egg and bacon pies

Curry and rice

Risotto

Edit. Adding sr on the flour.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 20-10-2014 at 15:35.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I heard about the Greek yogurt and flour too and want to make the scrolls one day.

I will have to look into the pumpkin soup scone recipe because we don't use the pumpkin soup from a tin as we like homemade pumpkin soup better. I picked up and bought it by accident thinking it was something else.