+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just another idea...is she teething?

My DS1 did this leading up to 2yrs (he's 27mths now). Went off most foods he has always loved....then suddenly 4 new teeth popped through, including some molars! So they must have been making his mouth quite sensitive. He's just started eating/chewing properly again in the last couple of weeks.

If she really doesn't eat well for awhile, despite the tough love approach (it didn't work here either) then perhaps purée servings of your dinner instead. That way it's healthier for her, but you aren't cooking two meals either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellies Mum View Post
    She has woken hungry a couple of times when she hasn't really had anything for dinner, she gets a bottle and then goes back to bed easily and quickly. That's why it worries me for her not to eat dinner! But willing to give it all a shot!!
    I don't think a 2 year old needs an overnight bottle of milk. I'd offer water instead. That's what I do with my 25 month old DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree... Essentially I don't think so either. But her wake ups when she is hungry is different to a standard wake up in the night. I have only done it 3 times in the last 6 months so it hasn't happened often and it didn't become a habit! I generally don't need anything to eat in the night either, but very very occassionally I will wake up ravenous and can't go back to sleep without a light snack, so why can't a toddler be the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's an update for you:

Tonight I decided to just give her what we had (chicken & rice) and nothing else. I didn't give in, didn't get frustrated, just kept reminding her to eat her dinner, because that's all there would be. She ate it... it took nearly an hour and a bribe (DH asked for 3 bites and she could have ABC2) she did it... and then ate the rest now to see how we go tomorrow One day at a time!!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ellies Mum For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (12-11-2013),nicolier  (12-11-2013),Pesca77  (13-11-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellies Mum View Post
    Here's an update for you:

Tonight I decided to just give her what we had (chicken & rice) and nothing else. I didn't give in, didn't get frustrated, just kept reminding her to eat her dinner, because that's all there would be. She ate it... it took nearly an hour and a bribe (DH asked for 3 bites and she could have ABC2) she did it... and then ate the rest now to see how we go tomorrow One day at a time!!
    That's great! It's short term pain for long term gain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Google SOS feeding therapy. .. Nothing to do with sos tizzie Hall stuff.
    It's a method of feeding. ... and introducing solids. Even better speak to your paed or mchn.... find a speech therapist who does feeding therapy. ..
    As FL said chewing etc is very important for speech development.
    Anyway. .I do SOS feeding therapy with my daughter but she's very young. But I know this is what many many people do for long term feeding issues.
    It stands for sequential oral sensory...
    It's often used for kiddies with aversions or medical issues but is very useful for situations like yours.
    Anyway. . just a thought.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Ellies Mum  (13-11-2013),WiseOldOwl  (13-11-2013)