+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I way prefer Target country! You get far better end of season sales. If I am ever near one I jump out of the car and go shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    One more that really bugs me. Smaller towns have Target Country. Big enough for a Target, but not big enough for regular Target. Drives. Me. Mad. Either we have a Target, or we don't. Don't give me pseudo Target.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought the sales are always the crap no one else wanted! Because that is what it feels like at my Target Country. Like end of winter was about 300 cardigans. In all different colours and that's about it for ladies wear LOL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moowisha For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quirks about living in a really small town:
    When I had a baby I boosted the population by 1.5%
    People here call lunch "dinner" and dinner "tea"
    When you get invited to someone's house for "tea", the venue may be the shed not the house (So you can leave your grubby boots on, I guess).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bugsy For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We lived about 15 minutes out of a town with a population for 544 people. We had a tiny corner store that was also the post office, internet café, local bank, fuel station and the only take away shop in town. We had a butcher a pub and a tiny local school. Oh and a police station with a local cop that everyone knew. The next closest town was 45min from the little town, it had coles woollies big w target country and the fast food places. The down sides were obviously everyone knew exactly what you were doing it about 3 seconds after you did it. If there was ever a scandal they'd talk about it for years (I was young and living with my boyfriend but apparently I was also sleeping regularly with about 3 other men) Anything at the corner store was at least double what you'd pay in a supermarket and usually very close to use by date. The butcher was awesome so much better then one you'd find elsewhere. You lose power regularly and most of the time it would take at least a day to come back on because obviously the power companies have better things to do. You had cows wandering around your house and occasionally walking on you verandah and looking through your windows. You have at least one resident snake in your laundry.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodeobull For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have Target Country and I HATE it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kj2010 View Post
    Yes this!

We've lived in a mix of places, from inner city Melbourne to regional WA. Currently regional NSW. I must admit I found it really hard adjusting the first time we moved ("DP...There's a snake in the yard!")but there's so many positives about small country towns. Things I can think of:

- the wildlife. DD1 has stacks of kangaroos at her school. The rangers come in to educate the children on "kangaroo safety". It's also not uncommon to be driving and have to stop because there are animal(s) of some sort crossing/stopped on the road.

- regional TV. This isn't as bad now with the digital channels though.

- Neither of the regional towns we've lived in have had a maccas when we arrived. Shortly after, a Maccas was been built (amid protests from the locals) but they still don't seem to be very busy. No KFC, Hungry Jacks or any other take away franchises.

- yes, the cinemas! We do have one where we live now, but it's a little one that screens one film at a time and only has a few showing each day. Tickets are only $7 though.

-the shop trading hours. Living in regional WA I had a tourist ask me if there was a supermarket open. There wasn't. It was only just after 6pm on a weeknight.
    Haha ... Maccas will nudge in where ever they can hey??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone knows everyone, and if they don't actually know you they know that you are Bob's wife's nephew's wife's cousin's kid.

Speaking of target / target country our closest town of about 10,000 has a "target" that is to big to be target country but not as big as a regular target. Kind of a target mid-size.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nicB2 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I way prefer Target country! You get far better end of season sales. If I am ever near one I jump out of the car and go shopping
    Must depend on location - even if our Target country had a sale ... You'd probably already own the item there's so little in there!! Haha

Whenever I drive into the next town I ALWAYS go to their target ... My kids get seriously reduced clothing at end of season sales.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (12-11-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    Target urban? Wow didn't know we had another type od target in melb!!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It's in the shopping centre they've built next to the show grounds- in the old part of the show grounds that got chopped out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Temet Nosce~ View Post
    Target country recently got shut down in the town I'm moving to. Locals were very angry and will be boycotting the target in closest bigger town
    I think I know where you're moving to. I live further west of the bigger town with the 'real' target that is **** just like out target country was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast