+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    One more that really bugs me. Smaller towns have Target Country. Big enough for a Target, but not big enough for regular Target. Drives. Me. Mad. Either we have a Target, or we don't. Don't give me pseudo Target.
    This is the worst!!! Target country sends me bonkers. There's not really a kids toy section - really puts is just like a target clothes shop with a few sheets thrown in for good measure :/ (First country world problem).

Although our woolies does online shopping - but my bills are so small I have to pay a fair amount for delivery and I'm way too tight for that!!

I know it's lame but it bothers me that nowhere sells nice perfume. I have to drive to the next town for that.

We also don't have a single eating venue with a playground for the kids. I've only just moved here a few months ago and before that enjoyed taking the kids out to dinner cos they could run around

No cinema in sight here!!

Oh and I live on the beach but because it's regional it's not busy or touristy. It's like a little secret hideaway and I feel so safe and free.

On the plus side - people give eye contact at the shops here, much more friendly and welcoming. Everyone learns your name - my regular coffee joint knows my name and order off by heart.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (11-11-2013)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Can I boast? My nana won first and second for her hand knitted jackets for dd in this years show.

My mum won best in show for dd's embroidered blanket.

Ahh, gotta love the old agricultural shows! My boys are going to enter their own Lego pieces next year- they're so excited!

.... Except- the rides are crap. So much better in the city shows.
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 11-11-2013 at 20:28.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (11-11-2013),Laydeebugxxx  (11-11-2013),misskittyfantastico  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    No bulk billing for dr and being new to the area I can't get in to a dr.

All I hear is sorry our books are closed������ Where do I take my kids then?
    Oh and having receptionist at dr ask me what's wrong with whoever I need the appointment for!!!
    My sisters sil died because she couldn't afford 2 dr visits in one fortnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    My sisters sil died because she couldn't afford 2 dr visits in one fortnight.
    That's so wrong, hugs

I often wonder what people do if they can't afford the $60-$90 up front. At my local hospital there's a free after hours gp clinic but good luck getting in.

I'm pregnant atm & had been told to go to er twice ( they were amazing, best treatment/bedside manner ever ) I was also told specific reasons to call up again. Last week late at night I did trying to get into gp clinic ( not er ) the bisch on the phone told me they couldn't do anything for me & it's just a waste of hospital resources & follow up with gp next day!

I was really upset, thankfully bub is ok but I was disappointed with her attitude

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (11-11-2013),Mod-Nomsie  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drive 40mins to a target country and it is the smallest store I have ever been into! It has a couple of kids toys on top of the clothes racks, few pairs of shoes and fitting rooms with no mirrors inside right at the front window facing the Main Street of the town! If you are lucky to go shopping with someone you might know if its a yay or a nay otherwise you drive home and realise BIG NAY!

I love living in my small town! Only big enough for a woolies and that's about it for major stores. Oh it has a Gloria jeans too. No KFC or maccas just local takeaways. No traffic or traffic lights for about 2.5hrs.

Massive lake and loads of fresh air! And the produce markets are amazing!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moowisha For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (11-11-2013),sandy_1902  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We're moving to a small country town soon, population of about 3000. I'm loving reading this thread, both good and bad points, for me the pros outweigh the cons, such a better lifestyle for my children than where we currently are.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Whoa, Target Country sounds exactly like something here called Target Urban. One opened up near me recently and I was so excited to see there was a Target a little closer to home (I know, I live a thrilling existence) and it's pretty much clothes and accessories. Cheeky Target. It's not Target Urban OR Country, it's Target Lame A$$

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Target country recently got shut down in the town I'm moving to. Locals were very angry and will be boycotting the target in closest bigger town

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Target urban? Wow didn't know we had another type od target in melb!!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have a population of about 13,500 - so no tumble weeds blowing through the main street - but still small enough to miss a few of the luxuries in bigger places.