+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    After reading an excellently-written article someone linked to in a thread earlier this year, about children forgotten in cars (different to being left on purpose) I still have nightmares about what those children go through.

I feel sick for that poor child, however will reserve judgement of the mother until the full story is known.

Hope the child makes a full recovery
    How can you reserve judgement? She's done it before. There's no excuse. Judge away I say. Stupid woman!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

BubinDec  (11-11-2013),Cicho  (11-11-2013),mrsoptomistic  (11-11-2013),Pesca77  (12-11-2013),SoThisIsLove  (13-11-2013),ttiger  (13-11-2013),VicPark  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree about reserving judgment and I am careful to do so. Horrible accidents can and do happen.

But the Townsville airport isn't big. It wouldn't take more than 60 seconds to get from anywhere inside to the carpark. The cruisy attitude towards returning when she was paged that bothers me. Not the leaving itself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (11-11-2013)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    How can you reserve judgement? She's done it before. There's no excuse. Judge away I say. Stupid woman!
    Quite easily. I don't know her. I don't know what drove her to do it. I don't know if she forgot the child. I don't know if she did it on purpose.

Simply- I just don't know enough. Who am I to judge?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (11-11-2013),RipperRita  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just shocking and it happens too often.

Recently over here a child was left in the car outside the daycare centre, the father forgot to take the child into the daycare, parked his car near the daycare centre and caught the bus to work as he always does, when he got to the daycare to collect his 1 year old that afternoon and the staff told him the child hadn't been dropped off that morning he then realised his tragic mistake and the baby was found in the car. So very sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After reading an excellently-written article someone linked to in a thread earlier this year, about children forgotten in cars (different to being left on purpose) I still have nightmares about what those children go through.
    Me too

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    This makes me so freaking angry! And it's possibly not the first time she has done it?? Is she trying to kill this child? Car parked in full sun, all windows up... All I can think of is the poor child.

Thanks
    Reviews

I feel sick for that poor child, however will reserve judgement of the mother until the full story is known.

Hope the child makes a full recovery
    Are you able to find that thread Nomsie? Im having such a hard time wrapping my head around that concept and I reckon it would be easier if I could read that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Just shocking and it happens too often.

Recently over here a child was left in the car outside the daycare centre, the father forgot to take the child into the daycare, parked his car near the daycare centre and caught the bus to work as he always does, when he got to the daycare to collect his 1 year old that afternoon and the staff told him the child hadn't been dropped off that morning he then realised his tragic mistake and the baby was found in the car. So very sad.
    How utterly heartbreaking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    My first thought was that is so horrible I hope she gets the full penalty. Then I realised her son would go through more trauma missing his mother for 3 years. She should be forced to do parenting classes and first aid/community service.

I'm so glad they got him out before anything worse happened.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is it though? Lack of education? The "she'll be right attitude"? I will only be a minute? Its common sense to me not to do it (leaving out of course those tragic circumtances we've heard in the news) Im not judging her i agree its hard to know what goes through peoples heads though when they make these poor decisions.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app