+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Coincidentally today I've lost my purse. I know I had it yesterday, but I just have no idea what ice done with it. The cause of this dilemma? Driving dp's car yesterday as mine was at the mechanics. This small change in my routine has thrown me, and I never saw it coming. The most confusing part for me is that I have absolutely no idea what I've done with it. It's usually either in my nappy bag or ontop of the fridge. All day today I thought it must be in dp's car still but nope- checked there. Gone.

My point is, this happened due to a tiny small change in my routine, just like the layers of Swiss cheese theory talked about in the article.

I really wish I knew where I put it... I feel like I have let my purse down, and that I'm an irresponsible purse-owner.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-11-2013),Benji  (15-11-2013),callmedragon22  (15-11-2013),CatesBean  (14-11-2013),CleverClogs  (15-11-2013),dee1  (15-11-2013),ExcitedMummyxxx  (14-11-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (14-11-2013),MINIRoo  (15-11-2013),Purple Lily  (14-11-2013),Smyles  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OMG give me a parent who ISNT tired everyday?!? I have been tired for 8 years straight but life goes on.Humans make mistakes,its life.Of course leaving a child in a car is horrible,esp if it ends in disaster.But how many cases have their been when kids have been killed by MISTAKE.To go with VP'S point of don't drive if you are tired,I can recall a few incidents where they weren't driving.One a mum walking,forgot to put brake on and baby rolled into river in pram and died.Another a Mum who lost pram over edge of railway lines,baby got hit by train in pram but luckily survived.Accidents happen..nobody wants them to,but sometimes they just happen.I don't think its fair to punish someone when they will live with that every second of every day for the rest of their lives!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I find some of the judgement in this thread rather smug and very disheartening. I mean, sure, if you deliberately leave your child in the car in the heat then you're an Id!ot, but to get all Perfect Parent Judgy Pants on people who make genuine mistakes is pretty pathetic
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 14-11-2013 at 21:32. Reason: Not in the spirit of bubhub

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-11-2013),HollyGolightly81  (14-11-2013),misskittyfantastico  (14-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (14-11-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    go with VP'S point of don't drive if you are tired,I can recall a few incidents where they weren't driving.One a mum walking,forgot to put brake on and baby rolled into river in pram and died.Another a Mum who lost pram over edge of railway lines,baby got hit by train in pram but luckily survived.Accidents happen..nobody wants them to,but sometimes they just happen.I don't think its fair to punish someone when they will live with that every second of every day for the rest of their lives!
    No! I am not talking about simply being tired. I am talking about being extremely tired to the point of when your senses are the same as a person with a blood alcohol limit higher than 0.05. If that is you and you do certain things (eg drive) then yeah you are being negligent and if something catastrophic happens as a result that is not an accident, it is a tragedy that occurs due to your negligence..
    Last edited by VicPark; 14-11-2013 at 21:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post

I find some of the judgement in this thread rather smug and very disheartening. I mean, sure, if you deliberately leave your child in the car in the heat then you're an Id!ot, but to get all Perfect Parent Judgy Pants on people who make genuine mistakes is pretty pathetic
    Ummm.... cant you accept that some have different views? stop reading too much into things people are saying.

is it acceptable to launch a personal attack like this? Or is that something only the bleeding hearts are allowed to do?

Good onya.
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 15-11-2013 at 05:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I think a person obviously has issues if you go into auto pilot. I have never done this, I would not simply drive past my ds's daycare and forget to drop him off. When I leave the house in the mornings I am focused on what I need to do, pure and simple. And as I said earlier I don't switch off once ds is at school, ds is at daycare and I am working. I think about my kids brought the day so being momentarily forgetful would soon be realised!
    I must have issues because I operate on autopilot a lot of the time. I fail to see how a task that you have completed hundreds if not thousands of times keeps your brain engaged to such a level that you are 100% focused on that task.
    Last edited by NoteToSelf; 14-11-2013 at 21:16.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    No! I am not talking about simply being tired. I am talking about being extremely tired to the point of when your senses are the same as a person with a blood alcohol limit higher than 0.05. If that is you are you do certain things (eg drive) then yeah you are being negligent and if something catastrophic happens as a result that is not an accident, it is due to your negligence..
    But how can people help being tired?!?! Waking up every hour BFing a baby is hardly a choice,where going out and drinking 3 bottles of wine is.seriously I BF'd for 6 years straight...woken up EVERY night.My kids still wake up and they are 5 and 8.I cannot put my life on hold coz I am tired.And TBH it doesn't matter if you are out on the road,or at home accidents can happen.Can we jail every person who has had an accident who has been tired?!!? ACCIDENTS HAPPEN.Are you seriously saying in your whole parenting life that you have never,not once made a mistake or had an accident?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    No! I am not talking about simply being tired. I am talking about being extremely tired to the point of when your senses are the same as a person with a blood alcohol limit higher than 0.05. If that is you are you do certain things (eg drive) then yeah you are being negligent and if something catastrophic happens as a result that is not an accident, it is due to your negligence..
    OK VP please tell me exactly how I know I am that tired that I am the same as a drunk driver. There is no test to tell how tired someone is.

As person who often only get 2-4 hours of broken sleep, I would love to know when i go from normal everyday tired to drunk tired.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (15-11-2013),MrsSS  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ummm.... cant you accept that some have different views? stop reading too much into things people are saying.

is it acceptable to launch a personal attack like this? Or is that something only the bleeding hearts are allowed to do?

Good onya.
    Ummmmmm, sure I can accept different views. My issue is when those views become judgemental and holier than thou. Can't you accept that sometimes people make "mistakes"?

You've managed to personally insult others in this thread with your perfect little ideals on how to handle parenting in tough conditions. It's all good for you to dish it out VicPark, but not ok for others to say anything?! Rightio!

Good onya

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (14-11-2013),CleverClogs  (15-11-2013),HollyGolightly81  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    But how can people help being tired?!?! Waking up every hour BFing a baby is hardly a choice,where going out and drinking 3 bottles of wine is.seriously I BF'd for 6 years straight...woken up EVERY night.My kids still wake up and they are 5 and 8.I cannot put my life on hold coz I am tired.And TBH it doesn't matter if you are out on the road,or at home accidents can happen.Can we jail every person who has had an accident who has been tired?!!? ACCIDENTS HAPPEN.Are you seriously saying in your whole parenting life that you have never,not once made a mistake or had an accident?!?
    I'm not saying people can necessarily prevent being *extremely* tired (although I do think in some cases tiredness can be reduced... But I don't want to get into another SOS bashing session). What I'm saying is parents have the ability and responsibility to reduce risks when they are suffering from severe tiredness and distraction. I honestly can't see how others can't see this....The cops target driver fatigue all the time... Stop revive survive and all that. I'm not saying a solution is easy and without inconvenience. I'm just saying a solution is necessary and if you can't come up with one them I'm sorry but you have no place driving.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (15-11-2013)