+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Red face :( so upset

I have nowhere else to vent my frustration so I'm sorry for this useless post but I'll feel better when I can put it down in writing.
    My parents are staying with us for a few months, and we've had ups and downs but I won't get into that there's one thing that is really buggin me and it basically sums up their way of thinking and there's nothing I can say or do to change it.
    DH has to travel to Melbourne for work, usually I tag along as I loooove Melbourne. We were considering me going with the kids and mentioned it to my parents as they would need to stay here and look after the dog because there's no way we'd get a place in his kennel with short notice. Anyway after thinking about it I decided that it would be too much work for me to go.
    My parents suggested to leave DD home with them but I know I would miss her too much so I said no, they are now convinced the real reason is that I don't trust them! They even said it to my FIL as we were talking about the trip and I said I would miss her and that I've never been away for more than a few hours, they said 'she doesn't trust us'
    I'm nearly in tears because its exhausting I said something that is the truth but it gets completely ignored and gets replaced with something negative. I wish they could just think 'oh that's nice she's a good mum'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ciaomamma - . In the end, you have been honest and if they want to take it the wrong way (for whatever reason??) then it's their problem and there's not a lot else you can do. They sound a bit manipulative or like they enjoy a bit of drama?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hugs i have been there. It suxs In time my parents came to understand that it is just i don't want to leave my child. It is not matter of trusting them or not.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure why there's a smiley face on the title...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Just be short sharp and business like in your rebuttal "what you said is wrong. I am not leaving Dd here ....because I will miss her. And I am not going to Melbourne because I am worried about imposing on you with looking after be dog. That is the entire story, the end."

If they continue to talk about you not trusting then just say "wrong."

I don't know why you won't leave your dog with your parents and take your dd? Them looking after the dog is the least they can do if they are living with you for a bit...
    Last edited by VicPark; 11-11-2013 at 15:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did say to them I would miss her, when DS was born I was in hospital for 6 days and then another week he was in nicu and I was there most of the time and I missed her like crazy, plus I already feel like I don't get enough time with her as it is because they take over and are forever in the mids of what we're doing so one on one time is non existent.
    They just won't believe it, they love drama and have already caused problems but I just feel like the way they think about things is just so crazy!
    Im at the point that I feel like I'm pressured to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Go but take your dd with you. If they won't look after your dog tell the ungrateful sods to move the eff out. If they give you grief about not trusting them with your dd just say "okay. I've said it before and I won't say it again. I miss my daughter when I am away from her that is why I will not leave her behind." If they continue to say you do not trust them just say "I would appreciate it if you did not lie in my house." Or of you prefer you can plagiarize me by telling them to 'harden up.'

Seriously, assuming you are happy to take your kids with you I can't think of one reason why you can't go to Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone! Feel sad they're thinking it and that there's nothing I can say to change their mind.
    On another note I'm not going coz I don't think I'd make it, a newborn and toddler, I wouldn't be able to take my double pram so I'd have a single and I'd have to wear DS. I've always been a 'I can do it' kind of person but this might be too much. Plus I think DH might enjoy the undisturbed uninterrupted sleep.