+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I won't be telling DS it's a religious holiday. I'll be telling him it stems from pagan end of year festivities, stemming from long before christianity was born, which is the truth. The Christians expanded the existing festivity holidays to incorporate their own agenda.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dont tell them anything. If or when they ask i will tell then what others do and why we do it for other reasons.

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    The topic of why we celebrate Christmas has never come up in our house and the kids have no concept of religions, Jesus, deities etc. I'm trying to keep the lid on that can of worms for as long as possible. We tend to present the reason for Christmas festivities as Lillynix has put so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    As an atheist household, we don't celebrate xmas in a religious manner. We are teaching our children, that for our family, xmas is a time for being together with those we love, for spending time together, slowing down, enjoy each others company, and sharing gifts with those we love to say thankyou for being awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I haven't told mine anything. Jaspers not really old enough to understand "belief", something is or it isn't, he'd just be very confused if I tried to explain to him that some people believe different things. So we're just keeping that side out of Christmas until they're old enough to get the whole religion from an outside perspective.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We haven't told ds anything about the religious aspects. he isnt even 3.

When he gets older and asks questions ill just answer with "some people believe...." And head to google.

Growing up I think I went to church with my cousins for a few months. Then we had to do (my parents choice) religious studies in primary school (christian) until we were old enough to decide we didn't want to.

Honestly, I'm not sure about anything and would get it all mixed up, I can't even differentiate between the common religions. I couldn't tell you which local church practices which...

I guess I'm more of an athiest than anything?...

I think all I want to instill in ds is we just celebrate being together and give eachother gifts, and santa comes to children once a year on xmas eve night with some gifts. As he gets older we can discus that other petiole do different things. I just don't want to confuse him.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app