+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No she doesnt self settle during night this is all new to me as I had a 'perfect' night time sleeper. She wouldn't wake at all until morning feed.

when in basinette before we put her to cot we would sometimes rock it well shake it as irs fabric hope that makes sense. Is there another way to transition her?

She was ok on night one and two of being in cot but she kept rolling so I put her in gro bag and she hates it. I also put one those support things from a co sleeper to stop her from rolling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Get a lullabub for your cot. It means you can rock the cot as well.

Totally in love with our two beautiful little girls.
    Feb 2011 and May 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When we moved our daughter into her cot, we started with day sleeps first for about a month so she could become familiar with her surroundings with a little bit of light, then once her day sleeps were good, we moved her in there at night. I'm not sure if this is an option though, as she might be too big for her bassinette being 6 months old... Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She still fits I will try that if not I will spend massive money on that cot rocker ahhh!!!! Just wanted some routine before ds arrived

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes when I transitioned my daughter I started with the days as well for a bit. I found she also rolled into the side a few times and woke up but she got use to it then I started with night time. Self settling is a big thing because she needs to learn how to go to and back to sleep on her own.

I use to go in if she cried pick her up and hold her give her a little bounce and "shhhh" until she stopped crying and then I'd pop her back down - she knew that I was right there if she needed me but I wasn't going to rock her right to sleep. At first I did it quite a few times until she feel asleep on her own. Each sleep time it lessened but you have to be persistent and not bounce or rock her till she's asleep. I never let my daughter cry for long - if it was a constant cry (no pausing) I'd go in and do what I said above if she was crying then stopping then a little cry but pausing in between she is self settling so I would leave her. It does take time but it's good your doing it now before bub comes. I also learnt what her cries meant. Everyone does things different but this is what worked for me.

Does she have any comfort toys or anything? If not you should introduce one.
    I wouldn't purchase one of those rockers for the cot. You don't want to have to rock her to sleep when you have a new born!

Also Try and do the same routine before you put her down so she knows she is going to bed. It won't be a quick fix - it will take time.

Sorry for the novel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply!!

The thing is 'routine' is very against us as I dont have my licence due to medical condition. So when we do go out I try my hardest to let it be sleep on bus or sleep before. But then shes still moving iykwim.

I booked in with anothee sleep doctor tomorrow and df can come this time so I dont feel like im telling him what was said.

thanks girls!!