+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Aren't you just going to have a much bigger shop next week though to replace all the staples you have used? Which will even out anyway?
    Yes, the next shop I do will be a bit bigger. But it won't be as much as this week + next week would have been.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Okay so I went shopping last Monday so it'll have been a week when I go tomorrow (I always shop weekly anyway).

I just wrote up a stocktake of what I have on hand and I'm shocked at how much I have!! I did have a few people around during the week so I buy a couple of things extra that I wouldn't normally have - which will be good to use up!!

This is what I have
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1384067617.423745.jpg

Tonight we are having steamed sweet potato, carrot & zucchini with grilled salmon for me and a chicken skewer each for the boys.

I'll do up a menu plan of the week tomorrow after I've gone shopping and see how much (or rather little) $21 will buy me. I'm aiming not to shop again then until next Monday.

Oh and I cooked up a batch of 15 banana, apple sauce, vita Brits and sultana and muffins using the supplies in hand.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 10-11-2013 at 17:18.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

bubbajah  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do this when I notice my shopping bills get too high anf so I do the 21 follars a week (barring toilet paper, etc) to see what im wasting my money on, rather than doing it as a grocery cost cutting thing (if that makes sense?)

Back in my day, ABC played Alice Cooper on the kids cartoons and our cartoons could talk. Being a kid sucks now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This does not look like it's holding that much stuff!!!!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1384068007.121504.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to give this a go, but just did my shopping for the week today so will have to wait till next weekend to start but I think I could do with a good review of the pantry and reducing some of the extra stuff in there.
    Count me in!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow brite View Post
    I'd love to give this a go, but just did my shopping for the week today so will have to wait till next weekend to start but I think I could do with a good review of the pantry and reducing some of the extra stuff in there.
    Count me in!

I did mine today as well so will have to wait til next week as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well considering my boys are with their dad 3 nights this week (cos this coming weekend is his turn) I might even try to do it for two weeks $21 each week. See how I go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Aren't you just going to have a much bigger shop next week though to replace all the staples you have used? Which will even out anyway?
    I buy extra when things are on special so while an average shop costs me more than that I have comfortably fed my family on $100 for the fortnight for main meals. It's the extras that cost us a fortune.

Sent from my pho....oh who am I kidding. It's rarely used as a phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Well considering my boys are with their dad 3 nights this week (cos this coming weekend is his turn) I might even try to do it for two weeks $21 each week. See how I go!!
    Well hang on. Why not $21 for two weeks given you don't have your kids half the week?

I get the sentiment. I really do. I adopt a v similar approach to shopping - stocking up on pantry ingredients and daily shopping for fresh ingredients.

But $21 a week when there's only one person being fed three nights a week is very different to $21 a week when there is two adults and two children needing food seven nights a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did this 2 weeks ago. I used up what i could in the pantry and fridge and only spend $60 for one week.
    Usually it costs us $230 a week for a family of 6.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Dragon For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (10-11-2013)