+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There was a children's book that I read at childcare a few years ago about all of the different celebrations around the world. I think it had a blue cover and a picture of the world on the front. I would love to get it to read to dd. Does anyone know what it is?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    There was a children's book that I read at childcare a few years ago about all of the different celebrations around the world. I think it had a blue cover and a picture of the world on the front. I would love to get it to read to dd. Does anyone know what it is?
    Was it 'whoever you are' by Mem Fox? Not exclusively about celebrations but that sounds like it could be it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Was it 'whoever you are' by Mem Fox? Not exclusively about celebrations but that sounds like it could be it.
    I don't think that was it, could be though. I might order it anyway. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not a christian, i am Hindu, and our main festival is diwali. But, I will still do christmas and santa for my kid( first due in dec). I think its fun, and kids should have as much fun as they can. I might not tell them the religious story behind it, because frankly even I might not know that properly, but its a fun holiday and we should celebrate it.

If we can celebrate non holidays like valentines day etc, why not christmas. Plus, I think if we don't do it, they might feel left out when they see their friends in day care or school doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding but if your kids know the shopping centre santas aren't the 'real Santa' do you mean they do actually believe in Santa?
    No, we don't partake in santa in this house, the questions was for those who don't do santa, what do we tell our kids about the men in shops who are playing "santa".

As a family who don't do santa, my children obviously know that those men are not real santas, it's just a man in a suit pretending for other children who DO believe in santa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have to say it never occurred to me that there would families that didn't do santa.! Except for religious/cultural reasons.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (11-11-2013),RaaRaaMumma  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In regard to how you explain what santa gives, large or small presents at times, my mum told us that she had to help pay for the presents but santa delivers them!! That seemed to satisfy my curiosity as a child as to why some people got a lot and some less

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I grew up with one present from Santa and a stocking full of goodies, then presents from my family. I'm carrying on the same tradition with my DS 3 and when this bub is born. It brang me so much joy as a child and I want my kids to have the same joy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love love love love santa! I remeber growing up and loving santa so much and my family always made it a big deal it was so exciting every year. I still get santa to come to me haha my parents said the day I said he wasnt real he would atop coming so ive never said it out loud!

I get really into christmas and santa- even watch all the santa movies. Hopefully my 2 and halg year old will be more into this year so I can enjoy it with her!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    I have to say it never occurred to me that there would families that didn't do santa.! Except for religious/cultural reasons.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Me too! I didn't even give it a second thought, I thought everybody did Santa.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPrint For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (11-11-2013)