+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I'm not sure yet! It does remind me of a story I heard, though... A kid opening his presents on Christmas Day spotted half of a torn off Toys R Us price tag on one of his gifts. He just wouldn't let it go, and wouldn't let it go. The story ends with his mum throwing his present out the window screaming 'THERE IS NO SANTA, YOU LITTLE $HIT!'

So, I guess...I'd like to do it when DS is still little enough to enjoy the magic of it but stop before he questions it too deeply...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, we do Santa, because it's fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmummy View Post
    I love Santa! My DS will be 19 months and we will definitely be doing Santa - it's such a wonderful and magical part of Christmas! We did it last year for him and will do it for many years to come (mum did it for us kids while she still had any of us at home - she only stopped when my 25 yr old sister moved out!). Santa brings lots of little presents - books, lollies, underwear, small toys etc and all the big presents are from parents and family.
    See, that wouldn't be so bad. The way DP does it we claim credit for one or two smaller presents and the rest is from santa. If I was to do it with DD I would give santa credit for the stocking and one present from her santa list. Granted I'm also going to make sure she isn't spoiled rotten either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure we will do Santa when the time comes. We also won't be telling the Jesus story either, though I'm sure DP's family will.

For us, we will celebrate Christmas as a family time to celebrate the year just gone and the year to come. Just as another excuse to have a family get together and big meal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS is only 5 months but my plan is to do most presents from mummy and daddy, one good present from Santa and he fills the stockings too.

We are catholic so Christmas is first and foremost a religious celebration for us, but I don't think that religion and Santa are mutually exclusive at all. I was brought up with both and it worked well in our family.

I love Christmas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't do Santa in our house, we are keeping the kids presents to a minimum and if we bought anything extra from Santa we wouldn't be able to move. We haven't told the kids that Santa isn't real, we just don't make a big deal out of him. Christmas in our house is still very fun and 'magical'. We make a big deal out of putting up the tree, putting up lights in the kids room, this year we will have an advent pile of books so we can open and read a book every evening leading up to Christmas. We'll make and decorate bikkies to give to our neighbours. We'll go to several Christmas carol services and wave our pretend candles. But when it comes to gift giving time our kids will be given things from their family and extended family and despite our protests they will likely still be spoilt rotten.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm so excited I'll have a baby this Christmas!

Christmas was always the most magical time. I used to absolutely love writing letters to Santa, baking cookies for Santa, leaving out a glass of milk and water and carrots for the reindeer. I used to get up and check they'd been eaten before checking my stocking! The whole thing was amazing!

So yes, we are definitely doing Santa. He's even bringing bub some towels this year

There's just nothing like the magic. Nothing like the lead up to Christmas, going and seeing the windows at David jones, putting up the tree, listening to carols, wrapping presents.

My family is Jewish so half of them do Chanukah and the rest of us do non religious Xmas (but we all have Xmas eve dinner together anyway).

I'm getting giddy just thinking about it!!

Dp would happily do no Santa but that is just blasphemy to me!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Santa doesn't bring loads though... Something I want, something I need, something to wear, something to read is what we will be following.

My brothers always put on a little concert on Xmas eve for family at dinner, one plays the flute, one the guitar and they all sing a few xmas carols and then we all donate some $$ and the kids send it to a charity of their choice, which is another lovely tradition.

Oh and we read the night before Xmas at bedtime!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I don't do santa. I just don't make any mention of it- so I never came out and said he wasn't real or anything of the sorts. I just left the kids to come to their own conclusions. They hear so much about it at daycare, school, friends, etc. That they were sucked in for a while.
    Now they are a bit old for it all (6 & 9) and are non-believers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do Santa because its such a fun, wonderful part of being a kid! There is enough crap in the world without cutting out Santa.