+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not to mention the Christmas movies!!!... The Santa Claus, ELF!!! Is it too early to put them on now? lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by withlovesiobhan View Post
    Not to mention the Christmas movies!!!... The Santa Claus, ELF!!! Is it too early to put them on now? lol
    We've already started, we watched Arthur xmas the other day! I love xmas movies!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm off toBlockbuster today to get some Chrissy DVDs. I love them!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And the Christmas books at the library. We love those!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Same, we just say Santa has a heap to do, so there are other people who help him out and dress up like him for photos.

Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    But does anyone ever actually pretend that guy is the *real* Santa? We've always admitted he was a dude in a suit; given they see two or three different Santas in some shopping centres I'm not sure how we could convince them they were all the real deal! And some of those suits and beards are less than convincing :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    to answer a few of the questions...

how do you respond to the questions : My parents always just asked what we thought. It was crazy! I remember thinking, because we had no chimney, he just stood outside your window, clicked his fingers and he was magically inside.

In shopping centres/santa photos : We were just told he had lots of helpers because he had to oversee the toy making process. I Was happy with that.

The book about christmas/celebrations i automatically though of "whoever you are" from the description also. DS loves that book! He calls it the 'skin' book. Im assuming because it says people have different looking skin? It leaves it very open to then talk about the different ways people do things!

DS has been able to recognise santa since last year at 21 months! He even got excited in a shopping centre yelling out "Saaa-taaa" because he seen a man with white hair/beard walking! LOL But honestly, he isnt phased by if/what santa brings. Ive been asking him, and all he says is he is bringing him some "chocolate coins" (A real treat for him) so his expectations are definately not high! (Even though santa is bringing a trampoline and filling the stocking)

We are getting the credit for everything else.

Honestly, i loved christmas and everything it entailed, for me it was about the suprise and magic of santa, BUT also that we were all together as a family. My biggest memory was breakfast together. Dad was an interstate truck driver and hardly home, and when he was never ate breakfast, so it was more special to have him sit with us and eat xmas morning than santa. As much as i looked foward to it!